Friday, August 26, 2011

Britney. Pauly D. And a Minivan.

Hello, friends!!!  Sorry I’ve been a little MIA this week!  Do you ever have weeks like that?  Where you just try and try to get it together and it just doesn’t happen?  It seems like every night this week has been completely busy and by the time I have gotten home, it’s all I can do to eat dinner and go to bed! 

I have had a blast lately teaching my Zumba classes!  I’m so excited—I actually have added a NEW class to my schedule and it’s been such a fun group!  Yay for new classes and new friends to dance with!

AND… I had a big night out in Charlotte last night that I must tell you about.  A group of friends and I headed out to see Ms. Britney Spears!  I know feelings on Britney are controversial… and I know she’s had her not-so-positive moments in the media.  But still.  It’s BRITNEY.  I had to go and experience it, right?

100_1712

All of the fellow Britney-enthusiasts met up early for a photo shoot.  I had high hopes for putting together a Baby One More Time-inspired outfit.  (Remember the schoolgirl look?  I was SO going for that.)  Unfortunately… it just didn’t come together for me.  Oh well.  We had a color theme of pink and black. 

100_1691 

The horse dog wanted to be in the picture, too.

Did I mention that we rode in a minivan?  Yeah, that’s how we roll.

Britney Group Pic

The opening act was DJ Pauly D.  Yes, Pauly from “Jersey Shore.”  Wow—the crowd really went wild for him.  I was wondering how exciting it would be to watch someone DJ before a performer like Britney… I mean… it didn’t seem like it would be that exciting.  But it was fun.  There was great music and a lot of fist-pumping. 

100_1706 

100_1704

Then it was time for Britney.  The show was a lot of fun and she “sang” a good mixture of old and new songs.  Her last set was definitely the best.  She closed with “Until the World Ends” and there were amazing props and lights for this one.  That’s Britney in the angel wings.  Fab.

100_1713

100_1715

100_1717

It was a fun night but I definitely was tired this morning. 

100_1718

A Frappucino helped me get moving!  It was a mocha-coconut flavor!  Nice!

Have you ever seen Britney or any other big-name pop star?  Who?  Tell me about it!

2 comments:

  1. I love that even in your far away pics of DJ Pauly D you can still see the shape of his hair! Looks like it was tons of fun! I think the shows where they "perform" along with "singing" is a lot of fun (ie: my trip to see Akon & Usher earlier this summer). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fun day! I'd go see Brittney too, controversy or not. I'll be that starbucks hit the spot after a long night! Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!