Thursday, February 3, 2011

The News You’ve Been Waiting For…

It’s Friday Eve!  Woo hoo! AND… it’s my Birthday Eve!  That’s right, friends… tomorrow I will be 33 years young!  I always like to tell people that you’re only as old as you feel.  And I have to say… I really feel great!  This has been a great year of accomplishments, but the one I am most proud of is becoming licensed to teach Zumba.  I actually just got home from teaching a super-fun class!  I always feel amazing when I finish teaching a class!

I’m also usually starving when I get home!  Luckily, before I left, I made Pork Chop Casserole.  You guys, this is the EASIEST dinner recipe that I know.  It only has 4 ingredients, and this recipe took me THREE minutes to go from fridge to oven.  Seriously.  Three minutes.  You just cannot beat that. 

100_6653

I added some edamame.  YUM.  Love edamame.

Pork Chop Casserole:

  • 4 pork chops (boneless or bone-in)
  • 1 1/2 cups Uncle Ben’s Converted White Rice
  • 1 can condensed french onion  soup
  • 1 can condensed beef broth

Preheat oven to 375.  Spread uncooked rice on bottom of a 9 by 13 baking dish.  Lay pork chops over rice.  Pour both soups over pork chops and rice.  Cover and bake for 45 minutes.  Then uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. 

This recipe is one my mom has made us for years… and now both my sisters make it, too!  I have taken it to lots of friends, and now many of them make this recipe, too! 

And now for the news…

A little over a week ago, I posted something that got everyone guessing.  Many guesses later, I revealed to all of you that I was auditioning for a position with a dance fitness company.  As you know, I made it through the individual auditions, and last Friday night, I had a live class audition.  Well, I am excited to tell you that I made it through the live audition and I am going to be an Instructor Trainee with Queen City Dance Out

I waited a while to tell all of you because I wanted to be sure about my decision before I made an announcement.  I am really excited, because I know that this training program is going to make me a much better instructor.  It’s going to be a busy time and a lot of work, but I am ready to get started!

I am so excited about my birthday tomorrow.  The husband has some kind of surprise for me… any guesses what it might be???  He’s being really secretive.  I also have a hair appointment—Yay!  If you read my “Good Hair” post, then you know how much I love getting my hair “did.”  And THEN… hubby and I are off for a dinner date!  We’re going somewhere new!  Can’t wait!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is GREAT news!! And...HAPPY Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock! I love that you have a blog and have so much happy news to report. Happy Birthday weekend! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food pictures make me hungry. You can come cook for us anytime. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!