Saturday, February 5, 2011

Birthday Festivities… 33 Years Young!

There were a lot of things that made my 33rd birthday awesome.  First of all, I got to wear JEANS to work.  Yeah, baby!  You really can’t beat a good jean day!

100_6685

Also, we had a fun Souper Bowl tailgate party at work!

100_6699

More info on this to follow…

After school, I had a hair appointment and then it was time for a dinner date with the husband!

We decided on Bonterra because we’d never been there and we also had a $60 Groupon we’d been saving.  Bonterra is a really cool place.  It’s actually an old church! 

100_6654

100_6657

We started with Barbecue Duck Spring Rolls…

 100_6655

  100_6658

…a glass of Pinot Noir…

 100_6661

…and a salad with warm goat cheese, almonds, and a balsamic dressing. 

100_6662

Ryan decided to have steak, and I opted for pan-seared grouper. 

100_6656

 100_6666

Everything was delish!  Even though we were both full, we had to get dessert.  Ryan chose creme brulee and I chose the assortment of  chocolate truffles. 

100_6669

I couldn’t finish them, but my favorites were the smores (on the left side of the plate).  They were really like a chocolate “bark” with marshmallow and graham crackers mixed in.  I am going to have to replicate this!

When we finally left, we were stuffed!

This morning, I got up and headed to Zumba.  I got to co-lead a couple of songs: Shawty Got Moves and Candyman! 

100_6670

(Me with two other fellow trainees)

Then it was time for birthday celebration number two with hubby’s family.  You know that that means… CAKE! 

100_6676

100_6677

Yum.  Now I am relaxing on the couch with my little pup…

100_6700

 100_6701

and catching up on some shows I missed this week.  I heart you, DVR!

Happy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Eating fancy dinners is one of mine and Tim's favorite things to do on special occasions, and that looks like a fabulous one! I love your hair, too. I hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. Lots of great food. I think Sadie liked your cake more than you. Thanks for showing the picture of your Souper Bowl tailgate party. Now I will know who's playing in the Super Bowl if someone ask. I still won't be watching. Happy your birthday was HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great birthday was had (including Sadie since she's done nothing but celebrate-celebrate-celebrate all week!). Your dinner looked delicious! Enjoy the rest of your b-day weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!