Thursday, February 10, 2011

I’m on a Roll… and I’ve Got a Surprise Coming Your Way!

Tonight I was at the grocery store and had not eaten dinner yet.  I couldn’t resist the sushi.

I’ve never tried a “summer roll,” but this looked too pretty to not try it!

100_6732

Did you notice those little fingers in the background?

100_6733

100_6734

It was ok… but did not have a ton of flavor.  It was served with sweet chili sauce, and I did not think that sauce was the best compliment.  Hmmm…

I also got a California Roll.

100_6735

100_6736

100_6737

Yum!  THIS I liked better!

So… you are probably wondering about the surprise I have in store for you.  Well, I’ll give you a few hints, but let me give you the back story. 

One reason that I started this blog was to give myself a place to do more writing.  I have always loved to write, but lots of time I don’t make time for it.  And as you know, many times I get caught up in food and trying to capture it in photos.  I love that part of blogging!  But I want to expand a little—keep the photos, but do a little more writing. 

Now, back when I was pregnant with Sadie, I had so much fun reading these books called The Girlfriend’s Guides.  There was

  • The Girlfriend’s Guide to Pregnancy
  • The Girlfriend’s Guide to Baby Gear
  • The Girlfriend's Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood

Click here to go to the Girlfriend’s Guide website!  You can read more of the GG titles—there are more than the 3 listed above!

Those books were the funniest things ever.  They told you the things that the books written by famous pediatricians would NEVER tell you.  They made you laugh because everything rang true.  As I was reading them, it felt like it was a really close friend who was confiding in me.

Well, I am working on a series of “Sisterly Guides” that I am going to be posting on this blog.  I hope that the Sisterly Guides will be helpful, eye-opening, and most of all, funny. 

Are you wondering… “Sisterly Guides to… WHAT?”  Well, you’re gonna have to wait and see, friends.  But I think you’ll like the first one I am working on. 

So… get ready for the first Sisterly Guide.  It’s coming SOON!

3 comments:

  1. I'll go ahead and guess it is Sisterly Guides for Sadie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I can't wait to see what the guide is about! I have had the fried version of spring rolls before, but I haven't tried the "fresh" version. Now I could eat California rolls all. day. long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!! I only read the Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy, but I laughed all the way through it and recommended it to all the pregnant ladies I knew. I love that style of writing. I cannot WAIT to read what you're writing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!