Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Weekday Dinner Date

So tonight, Ryan and I had an unexpected dinner date.  We needed to run an errand to Target (a.k.a. Mecca) and hubby’s parents offered to keep the munchkin, so wahoo!  An unexpected dinner date!  We had an Olive Garden gift card, so we headed there to use it!  I have a habit of always getting the same thing, so this time I tried something different: a new item on the menu.

 100_5758

 100_5761

I love the salads, but it was so cold I went for the Minestrone soup.

 100_5763

Ryan got his favorite: Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo.  And he is very disappointed that he left his leftovers sitting on the table.  Have you ever done that?  What a bummer.

100_5767

I loved my Seafood Brodetto.  Very light and tasty.  I would get this again!

 100_5768

 100_5770

It was nice to have a weekday dinner date!  A dinner where we didn’t have to clean up afterwards and we could just have adult conversation.  I didn’t once say, “Don’t stand in your chair.”  or “Let’s use our fork.”  Nice…

 100_5771

And for dessert… little Andes Mints.  Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you didn't have to tell Ryan to "sit in his chair".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!