Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Post-Christmas Blues…

Today, Ryan and I (along with some help from my parents) packed up all of the Christmas toys, gifts, clothes, and goodies and headed back to our house in Rock Hill.  It’s always a little depressing when we get to this point in the Christmas vacation.  I call it the Post-Christmas Blues.  There is so much excitement leading up to Christmas, and then it seems like it is gone in a flash.  It will be nice to get home and just relax and enjoy not having anywhere to go or to be, but it is always sad to say goodbye to all of the family.  I think I have a feeling like, “What do I do now???”

As soon as we got home, the first thing I did was put away all my new dishes—a Christmas gift from my parents!  When we completed our wedding registry 10 years ago, we registered for colorful blue and yellow dishes.  If you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, you’ve probably seen them.  But I’ve been feeling like I wanted to go with all-white dishes.  I wish I could say we had some kind of creative dinner on the plates tonight, but this is what we had! 

100_6108

LOL.  Little Caesar’s had a buy one get one free coupon.  You really can’t beat 2 pizzas for $5.55.  Just to make myself feel less guilty healthify it up, I did make a salad to go with it!

100_6101

By the way, you’re going to hear more about this bowl.  Stay tuned!

 100_6102

 100_6104

 100_6105

So, on that note… WOW, do I need to hit the gym.  I think it was several months back, but a leader at my Weight Watchers Meeting showed us this cartoon.

6a00d8341c9e5b53ef013487fe4379970c-800wi

“Merry Thanksgivoween!”  Her point in showing us this cartoon was that this is the time of year (October-December) when people pretty much give up and have an eating free-for-all.  (Oh yeah, and get too busy to exercise!)  Well, I didn’t completely give up, but I am feeling like I really need to get back into my routine.  

I refuse to say “I’m going on a diet.”  I am convinced that “diets” don’t work.  You have to make a lifestyle change.  No 6-week or 10-week program is going to change you forever.  YOU have to be the one to do it yourself. 

I also think that I need to do better this year about trying to change it up.  I have a good friend who loves Spin classes, but she says that is ALL she likes at the gym.  I’ve gotten into a routine of doing Zumba only, too.  I LOVE Zumba, so I am not complaining, but I think I need to do a better job cross-training. 

I’m not making New year’s Resolutions, because I think they have a habit of getting broken.  This is more of a promise to myself.  How about you?  Anyone making resolutions or promises this January?  Please leave a comment and let me know what you’re going to be working on/towards this year.

2 comments:

  1. I think I get the "Post Christmas Blues" too. It's hard to come back after a fun, eventful weekend or week with family just to try to face the remaining winter and end of holiday season, but I think it's good that you're discussing exercise because although it's hard to get out in the cold, I think it's really actually motivating once you undecorate your house from Christmas to give yourself some new goals...like new gym classes or updating around the house. Either way, it was fun being together and I miss all of y'all a ton already too! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for new dishes! That is super exciting! I don't have tons of any one pattern of dishes....I like to mix and match. I love trying new workouts....increases the excitement to get out there. Hope you have a nice Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!