Friday, September 3, 2010

Princesses, Toddler Beds, Easy Dinner, and Photography...

If only we had off of work EVERY Friday...

As I mentioned, I slept in until 10:00 a.m.!  Wow-- I never do that anymore.  Having a two-year-old and being a teacher, I've just gotten into the habit of getting up at 7 or 8, that I just can't sleep late anymore.  It felt nice, though.  Meredith made us a wheat muffins and hard boiled eggs this morning.  I love eggs.  You probably notice that most of my breakfast posts involve eggs.  Of course, we had coffee, too!

Ryan and I headed back to Rock Hill so that we could go grab a bit of lunch at McAlister's Deli and hit Target.  I had vegetarian chili and the chef salad with balsamic dressing.  It was very tasty.  I love their veggie chili.   I'm not a vegetarian, but I really love their veggie chili.  It's so thick and hearty-- you don't even miss the meat.  Plus, according to the McAlister's nutrition information, this is one of the more low-calorie choices.






Then Ryan and I picked out new bedding for Sadie.  I wanted something really cute and girlie, but we settled on Disney princesses, since Sadie is OBSESSED with princesses.  We are hoping that this bedding will encourage her to stay in bed!  Ryan came home and turned her crib into a "Big Girl Bed."  We are looking forward (or maybe dreading) bed time to see how this goes tonight...




I've been playing with my camera.  Turns out that the camera I have, Kodak Z740, can do a lot more than I really knew.  I am trying to figure out the PASM settings that work best.  I've been looking online just to see if there are some helpful "Learn to be a Professional Photographer in Just 5 Minutes Without Spending Any Money on Classes or Reading Long Books!" websites, but I haven't come across much yet...

Playing around with the camera...
Dinner was quick and easy-- steamed peas, baked potatoes (okay, microwaved), and baked Tilapia.  I didn't do anything spectacular with the fish-- just salt and pepper, some seafood seasoning, and fresh-squeezed lemon juice. 


Also baked more Banana Muffins with PB frosting for dessert.  Those smell yummy... they are cooling off now...

We are looking forward to another trip back to Columbia to hang out with Meredith, David, Adrienne, Paul, and some of their friends.  We're going to watch the Clemson game on TV and cook out.  Love time with the fam!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!