Friday, September 24, 2010

Hard Rock Chicken Noodle Soup and Easy Apple Cake!

Another busy day has passed…

It was a great day at school.  I taught Zumba after school and then I went to Zumba with Katie right afterwards.  I led “Sacudelo” again!  Yay for Zumba!  What a great way to wind down the week…

Then I went for a weigh-in at Weight Watchers… and gained .8 of a pound.  UGH.  I think I really have got to get back to drinking my water.  I KNOW I feel differently when I drink the water faithfully.  I have not filled up my Bubba Keg all week!  I am thinking about making lemon-mint water all next week.  It tastes so good (so I drink a lot of it) and then I feel so refreshed.  Plus, it looks pretty in the glass.  This weekend, I am going to buy some.  You’ll see it next week.

Last night I had a fabulous dinner with some great friends!  Kate made “Hard Rock Café Chicken Noodle Soup.”  It was sooooo delicious!  Sometimes you forget how good actual homemade soup is.  Thank you Kate!  And it tasted even better than it looks in these pictures. 
Kate's pretty tablescape...



Hard Rock Chicken Noodle Soup!  What a treat!
As I look at these pictures, I am wishing I could have it for breakfast!

Angie and Mandy

Elizabeth, Kate, and Moi!  (By the way, Kate is having a baby boy in just over a month!  Doesn't she look GREAT!)

 Remember how I was making that dessert for our girls’ night?  Well, it turned out to be a great fall treat.  It was “Super Duper Easy Apple Cake.”  I found this recipe on allrecipes.com.  It was submitted by Cindy.

 Ingredients
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and finely diced

Directions: Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 10 inch tube pan.  (I used a bundt pan.) Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla extract, then fold in the chopped apples. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.


The apples get soft and and bake right into the cake.  This cake SMELLS amazing, too.  I think you could probably add more apples to it.  And I am also wondering if you could add pumpkin to it for a really nice fall treat.  I may try that...


My apple cake.  (Pics came out kinda dark...)

More apple cake

I served it with cool whip on the side.  If you have it, whipped cream would be better, or homemade whipped cream is even better, maybe with a little cinnamon and nutmeg mixed in, but I didn’t have time to make it myself. 

I am so excited that today is Friday!  I just stopped on the way to work this morning and grabbed a pumpkin latte from Dunkin Donuts.  I couldn’t wait any longer.  But it wasn’t as good as Starbucks!  So I will be hitting up Starbucks this weekend.


We have some fun things planned for the weekend!  Stay tuned!  And Happy Friday!!!

1 comment:

  1. I could definitely eat that cake for breakfast. I love that all of you girls hang out. It's so neat to see you all married and having babies.

    I am terrible about drinking enough water. I have started having sparkling water with lime or lemon with dinner, and that (kinda) gives me my soda fix.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!