Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day/Birthday Pool Party

Hooray for Labor Day and no work on a Monday!  Are you on vacation today?  I know there are probably a few people out there who have to work today.  I’m sorry!  I wish you were at home like me.  We haven’t decided what we’re going to do with our extra day… but I have a feeling it is going to include cleaning and organizing.  This house is in a state of disorganization and has been for the past few weeks.  I was hoping for a super-cloudy and rainy day because then I would not be depressed about being stuck inside.  But so far… it ain’t raining, people. 

We started yesterday off with  church followed by lunch at Panera Bread.  Have any of you tried the Chopped Chicken Cobb  Salad?  It is my new favorite item on the menu.  This was my third time ordering this.  Today I got a 1/2 salad with Black Bean Soup. 

IMG_0250

IMG_0251

IMG_0254

IMG_0256

After lunch, it was time to prep for a fun afternoon with friends. 

IMG_0257

IMG_0258

Can you guess what I was making?  My sister Adrienne’s Veggie Couscous Salad!  Have you tried this?  It’s so easy to make and it’s perfect if you’re going to a picnic or barbecue.  You can serve it hot or cold. I’m starting to prefer it cold!

IMG_0263

IMG_0266

IMG_0267

In the mix:

  • 2 boxes of Far East Couscous (Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil flavor)
  • grape tomatoes
  • fresh garlic
  • green and yellow onion
  • orange pepper
  • cucumber
  • fresh basil

Why was I making this salad?  Well, yesterday was my friend Jenn’s birthday! 

IMG_0305

(Angie, Jenn, Me)

We started with a little pool time (I had to study for a fitness exam I have coming up).

IMG_0268

IMG_0278

IMG_0284

IMG_0291

Then it was time to eat!  Delicious burgers, pasta salad…

IMG_0292

IMG_0293

IMG_0296

… and a fabulous Reese’s-Inspired Cupcake by my friend Angie!

And… there may or may not have been some taste-testing of this Kinky liqueur…

IMG_0301

… but I’m not telling.

3 comments:

  1. It's raining now!! I am catching up on some blogs and then onto the cleaning!! Let's see how long before my hubby comes in and realizes that I am not cleaning...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...Hate I missed this one!! I miss my adpi girls. I'm gonna try that couscous salad, Liz. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, excuse me...is that a bikini on my neice!?!? Haha, so cute! And I love Adrienne's Couscous recipe, too...I've made it recently and it's definitly a hit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!