Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Zumba-Sauna Combo Deal and Nishie G’s

Happy Friday Eve!!!  I’m so excited about this nice long weekend.  We have no big plans… but it is SO nice when you have a Monday off.  I like it better than having Friday off because you don't have to get the “Sunday Blues.”

I have had super-productive days at work, even though you couldn’t tell by looking at my desk.

IMG_0094

Does anyone else’s desk look like this?  I’m not ashamed.  I think a messy desk shows that you’re working so hard you don’t have time to clean it up.  But… I stayed late today and cleaned it up (somewhat.)

I also found a really cool quote in one of my Dove Dark Chocolate Promises.  I eat two of these with lunch every day.  It’s not dessert, it’s my antioxidants!

IMG_0096

Don’t you like that quote? 

Tonight, I taught a HOT Zumba class. Literally, it was HOT.  I got a call about 30 minutes before class that the air had gone out.  I don’t mind too much when the air is out because I actually feel GREAT when it’s a little warm.  I don’t get aches and pains in my knees.  But tonight for some reason it felt like a sauna!  At the end of class, I told everyone it was the Zumba-Sauna Combo deal! 

Even though I was completely drenched after class, I still hit up a local restaurant with a few friends after class.  Ryan was at a Panther’s game, so Sadie came with me for Girls’ Night at Nishie G’s.  Sadie was excited about eating with all the “big girls.”

IMG_0105

Jenn, Angie, Mandy, Elizabeth

IMG_0106

Kati (+Baby Girl Bump), Meredith, and Moi (Miss New Booty)

IMG_0107

It’s been a while since I have eaten at Nishie G’s, but I am so glad we went tonight!  They have American and Greek food, and everything is always delicious.  We got there just in the nick of time because they close at 8 p.m.

IMG_0108

I decided on a BLT Pita which was perfect!!!  Crunchy and fresh at the same time.  And I wanted fries so bad after that Zumba class.  They were good, too. 

IMG_0110

IMG_0111

Sadie chose chocolate cake, but then she decided she didn’t want it and ate my fries and some bacon instead.  :)  And drew on some of my Zumba flyers.

Oh.  I must share a hilarious story with all of you.  As we were leaving, I was telling Sadie about how Kati has a little baby girl in her belly.  Sadie walked up rather angelically and put her hands on Kati’s belly.  We were all saying “Awwww…” and at that moment, she lifted Kati’s dress to peek underneath at that baby.  Oh. My. Goodness.  So funny.  Kati, I apologize for my child looking up your skirt.

Finally I am home after a very busy but fun day and I am resting with my little pup.  She’s keeping my lap warm.  I hope all of you have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend and thanks for reading!  (I have to say a special thank you to my cousin Marchita who took the time to call me and tell me how much she likes my blog!)  I love hearing from any and all readers.  Comments make my day!  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!