Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekend Success: Blue Jeans, Crafting, and Handmade Pumpkins

You know, there are a lot of things in life that can be frustrating.  I would say that blue jean shopping can be one of the WORST experiences ever.  I have had weekends where I have gone in every store and tried on every pair of jeans I can find, only to come away empty-handed.  And then one day… when you’re least expecting it… the perfect pair appears.  This is what happened to me this past Friday as I was doing some last-second shopping for something to wear to my sister’s engagement party/oyster roast.  I was at T.J. Maxx, which is always a hit-or-miss shopping spot.  Either I love everything I find or I find absolutely nothing.  This time, I was successful and even came away with a new pair of jeans!  Plus 2 shirts and a pair of black dress pants! 

IMG_0625

I know they’re not real noticeable in this picture… but… blue jean success!

On to Saturday’s projects.  About a week ago, I was catching up on blogs and I saw this cute idea on Fashion Meets Food, one of my favorite blogs to read.  As soon as I saw this idea, I knew I had to try it.  Sadie and I put together 5 little pumpkins in about 10 minutes. 

IMG_0649

IMG_0652

IMG_0653

These are so easy!  We used cinnamon sticks for the stems, so they smell really fall-ish!  We didn’t even need glue!  I found the fabric at Hobby Lobby.  They were already cut into 18 by 21 inch rectangles.  We just tucked the edges into the TP tubes and held them in place with the cinnamon sticks.  The ribbon added a nice touch at the top.  We’re going to give 2 of these away, and we’re putting the other 3 here at our house!

And finally… dinner.  We made an old classic… Meatloaf!

IMG_0647

IMG_0645

I think meatloaf is one of the best cool-weather meals, and it makes great leftovers, too.  The recipe will be posted tomorrow.  It’s my latest Dixie-Style Dining Recipe!  Check back for that. 

Finally, I almost forgot to share that I passed my AFAA exam!  (You may remember a couple of weeks ago when I went to the AFAA workshop to get my Primary Group Fitness Certification.)  I was so glad to find out I passed!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I made some of those homemade pumpkins. easy and fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!