Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday Brunch at Le Peep!

I am so happy it is finally Saturday!  I was really in need of a day off!  I decided I needed to have a stress-free family day today!

I have been catching up on some blogging… here are some of my recent posts, in case you have missed any of them:

This morning, we started off the weekend with brunch at Le Peep in Charlotte.  We had never been here before, but I had a Groupon that was getting ready to expire, so we cashed it in today!  The place was busy when we arrived… a good sign!  But we only waited a couple of minutes to be seated.  Ryan tried to teach Sadie how to play Tic Tac Toe.

100_7074

100_7075

100_7076

Ryan ordered his usual—eggs, bacon, potatoes.  I decided on the Spinnaker omelet, which had spinach, mushrooms, and bacon.  It was delicious!

100_7077

100_7080

100_7081 

Sadie had the “Funny Face Pancake” with whipped cream and fruit. 

100_7079

Poor little guy had his ear cut off and one of his “cheeks” removed by the time I took this picture. 

We really enjoyed our breakfast and it only cost us $5, thanks to the Groupon!  Woo Hoo!  I would definitely return to Le Peep again.  It’s a great breakfast spot!

Then we took our time wandering in a couple of shops, and we hit up Target on the way home.  I needed some masks and some Mardi Gras Beads.  I am going to a 90-Minute Mardi Gras-Themed Zumba class on Monday!  How fun!  I couldn’t find a true Mardi-Gras style mask, but I did find these fun masks in the dollar bin at Target. 

100_7085

100_7086

100_7082

100_7084

I think they’ll work!  Ryan and I modeled them on our way home.  I joked that people were going to think we were bank robbers!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!  I am enjoying some time on the couch and watching the first episode of the Real Housewives of Miami!  I have never been to Miami, but it looks like a super-fun place to visit.  Have any of you ever been?

Speaking of travel… the hubs and I are celebrating our ten-year anniversary this year and we are looking for suggestions for a trip!  Where should we go?  We can’t decide if we want to go somewhere “beachy” or cultural or what.  Help!!!  Leave me a comment if you have a good suggestion for us!

3 comments:

  1. What a great brunch spot!! I love groupons...especially when they're for restaurants. The Funny Face Pancake is adorable. oww 10 years! Congrats to you two. We love Secrets resorts (adults only)- its sort of like a Sandals. Totally awesome- great food, very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seattle is gorgeous - lots to do and lots of fun.

    Napa is really fun for an adults-only vacation.

    We are planning on Puerto Rico when we hit 10 years (in a year! How did that happen!??!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite of all the places Lee and I have been is Hawaii. You have to have enough time to really enjoy it, since it's so far away (we were gone 10 days when we went), but it is SO worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!