Monday, March 21, 2011

How do You Take Your Bananas???

Over the weekend, Facebook exploded with pictures from the St. Patty’s Day parade.  Take a look at these cute ones!

196543_10150448217430576_880530575_17538133_5608598_n 

197240_1869421544601_1512974665_2056277_4720921_n

Well, another Monday has passed.  Did your week get off to a good start?

Today I had a very productive day at work.  I came home for a few minutes to rest and have a pre-workout snack:

100_7282 

100_7281

graham crackers with peanut butter and bananas.  Love this combination!  I’ve heard of people eating bananas with mayonnaise, but I have never tried that.  It sounds so wrong!  But I bet many other people think bananas and peanut butter sound strange. 

Tonight was another great Zumba class, but boy was I tired at the end!  I think I have been a slacker about drinking water.  I’m thinking it might be time to do a little challenge.  More details to follow on that. 

I was feeling lazy, so on the way home I picked up Chinese takeout:

100_7285 

100_7283

100_7284

Chicken with Mixed Vegetables over rice.  Perfect!  (Is it sad that the Chinese restaurant phone number is programmed into my phone?)

Now I am resting on the couch and watching a little TV.  When I turned it on, the scene from Raising Helen was on where they dance in the living room to “Whip It” by Devo.  It’s one of my favorite movie scenes because I LOVE this song.  It was my ringtone for many years.

Reader Questions:

1.  How do you like your bananas?  Plain, with Mayo, or with peanut butter?

2.  What’s your favorite movie song scene?

3 comments:

  1. 1. Now that Ryan has such a severe peanut (and nut) allergy, I have to eat bananas plain. OR WITH CHOCOLATE SYRUP. But man, I miss peanut butter.

    2. TOTALLY when Kate Hudson sings, "You're So Vain" to Matthew McConaghahoweverthehellyouspellit in "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unchained melody from Ghost! Hands down the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try this. I've had peanut butter and banana on bread, but not graham crackers...sounds good. Try a banana sandwich on bread with Dukes mayonaise. Dukes doesn't have any sugar and it has a little twang to give it contrast to the sweet banana. The more mayo the better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!