Sunday, March 13, 2011

One Busy Child-Free Weekend

Did you remember to set your clock ahead?  I always have a hard adjustment when we change the clocks.  It’s crazy how much difference one little hour can make!

This weekend was a busy, child-free weekend!

Friday afternoon, Ryan and I took a ride to Gaffney to meet Leenie and Poppy at the Outlets.  They were taking Sadie to stay with them for the weekend.  Sadie has really been looking forward to her trip to Greenville.  I am sure she is having lots of fun as I write this post.  She was hoping for a trip to the Greenville Zoo.  Just about every time we go to Greenville, Sadie takes a trip to the Zoo!  Anyway, we had a quick dinner with Leenie and Poppy at Cracker Barrel and then we parted ways. 

100_7128

Sadie enjoyed riding the merry-go-round.

100_7132

And we played with the big checkerboard.

100_7134

Saturday morning, I was up early to sub for another Zumba Instructor.  I taught a very high-energy class with lots of fun ladies!  It was a great way to start a Saturday.  Then it was time to come home, shower, and head out for more Zumba!  This time, I was headed to a workshop with the dance-fitness company I am training to work with.  It was actually a really fun workshop and I learned so much!

As soon as the workshop ended, I had to make a quick wardrobe change and get on the road for my friend Meredith’s wedding! 

100_7135

It was a beautiful wedding with a really fun reception!  The food was great…

100_7137

100_7138

and we all especially liked these chicken tenders that had sort-of a tempura batter.  We ate just a few of them. 

100_7140

It was fun seeing all our friends, dancing, and chatting.

100_7142

100_7143

100_7145

100_7146

100_7147

I really liked the “signature drink” they served.  (Can you tell?)

100_7144

Instead of having a full bar, they had beer, wine, and one signature cocktail.  I thought that was a great idea!  The drink was fruity but not overly sweet—with grapefruit juice, which I love! 

In fact, we had such a good time that we decided to skip church this morning.  It’s not often that we can sleep in.  So Ryan and I enjoyed a breakfast alone at one of our favorite local breakfast spots: The Little Cafe.

100_7152

Of course, when you lose an hour of sleep, you start with coffee.

100_7148

And Ryan caught up on the news.

 100_7149

I decided on a Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich on wheat toast.  Perfect!!!

 100_7150

 100_7151 

Now I am enjoying a free moment and resting up before I head out to Zumba and then to pick up Sadie.  The weather is amazing today!  The high will be around 75 degrees!  Wow!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the new look of your blog!!! So cute. I have say, I envy your child-free weekend. Sounds wonderful and it looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!