Saturday, January 22, 2011

Zumba in the Q.C. (and more cheating…)

Happy Saturday to everyone!

So last night was a super fun night!  My friend Katie and I headed up to Charlotte (aka “The Queen City”… aka “The Q.C.) for a DanceOut class with Queen City Dance Out.  We had such a fun time!  Lots of fun music!  What a great way to start a weekend.  Then we decided to take advantage of the time out of the house and do dinner, too.  After I took Katie on a 20 minute ride through the “big city” we ended up at Fuel Pizza.  Yeah, I know… what was I doing?  Did I forget about Eat In Month?  Well…

I had a side salad…

100_6502

and a calzone with sausage, peppers, and onions.  It was so delicious!  No idea what the Points were… probably not great, right?

100_6503

 100_6504

Then I headed home to rest and get ready for more Zumba this morning!  This time it was Katie’s class, but I led two songs!   I was practicing a new song, “Forget You” and an old(er) one, “Sacudelo.”  It was a very fun class with lots of shaking and hollering!

Tonight we had some really delicious turkey burgers!  I used this recipe.  They were so tasty!  I didn’t have fresh parsley, so I used dried.  I also pretended it was the year 2000 and broke out the George Foreman Grill.  Usually I only use this for making grilled sandwiches, but it is nice to have for making these little sliders. 

100_6499

 100_6500

 100_6501

I decided to forego the bun.  We enjoyed some edamame and mashed potatoes, too.

So, many people ask me all the time… what is a good snack food?  Well, I LOVE edamame in the pods for a snack.  I like to steam them with just a little salt and they are delicious!  They are a great alternative to peanuts or other salty snacks.  They remind me of boiled peanuts!  So if you haven’t tried edamame, then you must!  It’s so delicious!  And good for you, too!

So… on a sad note…

I haven’t mentioned this yet on my blog, but we did receive some sad news this week.  My mom’s college roommate and lifelong friend, Chris, lost her husband, Phil to cancer this week.  Phil was an amazing person—so much fun to be around and always so caring and generous.  We’ve known Chris, Phil, and their son, Josh, for many years and I have so many fun memories from our times together.  My parents attended his memorial service today.  I wish I could have been there, but I just couldn’t make the trip after all the snow we have had and after all the work that I missed.  I feel so blessed to have known Phil, but this week has been sad.  He had been very sick, and I am just thankful that he does not have to suffer any more or be in pain.  It’s always hard to say goodbye to someone you care about.

1 comment:

  1. We tried ground turkey for the first time tonight. We made tacos out of them and they were delicious. We'll definitely start buying that now since it's healthier and I'll def keep your recipe on hand too. Where do you buy edamame? I love getting it at sushi restaurants but I'd love to try making it at home too.

    I'm so sorry to hear about your family friend. That's so incredibly sad but you're right, at least he doesn't have to suffer anymore. Will keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!