Thursday, January 20, 2011

I’m Baaaaaaack! ZUMBA, Focus Forward, and Cheating!

Wow!  I can’t believe I have been away from my blog for three whole days!  But I am BACK!  I have so much to share with all of you!

I just got home from teaching ZUMBA!  It was a great, high-energy class!  We had lots of fun dancing it out!  That is what I love about Zumba.

 100_6493

It really doesn’t feel like a workout.  It’s like you’re just dancing with all your friends!  And every time I get finished teaching or taking a class, it is like I am on a high.  Do you have something that you do that leaves you feeling that way?  I love Zumba on Thursdays because it’s like a celebration that the weekend is almost here!  Woo hoo!  Friday, I can FEEL you getting closer!!!

Ok, friends… I have a confession to make to all of you.  You guys know I am participating in Eat In Month with some other bloggers.  Well, I cheated today.  It’s all because of milk.  Yes… milk.  Every morning, we get a snack and a drink for Sadie to take to school, just to hold her over until breakfast.  Well this morning… I forgot to get her milk.  And let me tell you guys… it was a tragedy.  I couldn’t be mad.  I mean, if I forgot coffee in the morning, I’d probably cry, too.  So I thought, I could run in the grocery store and get a little carton of milk.  But that would have involved getting her out of the car seat and all that jazz.  No time.  But we were close to Dunkin Donuts.  So I pulled into the drive thru… and I MEANT to just order a bottle of milk… but before I knew it, I ordered a veggie flatbread sandwich and a coffee.  I’m feeling a little guilty… but I am getting back on track with Eat In Month.  No more eating out until February 1! (And I am so excited because we have 4 Groupons to use when we get to February!!!)

Ok, so that brings me to my final topic: Focus Forward

About a week ago, I received an email invite from Just Focus Massage and Wellness in Charlotte to come and experience their Focus Forward Wellness Program.  I was intrigued. (After I got over my disappointment that they weren’t offering me a free massage.)  Focus Forward is a 5-week seminar program that helps you transform your life. 

The series topics are:

  • Jan. 19: Where do I get the ENERGY to FocusForward? (This is the one I attended.)
  • Jan. 26: Life satisfaction? Isn’t that an oxymoron?
  • Feb. 2: Kicking butt and taking names – fitness at its finest
  • Feb. 9: Health history repeats itself
  • Feb. 16: Cooking (and eating) whole food fabulous (I am going to this one!)

Click here to read more about the entire series.

The first session was last night (Wednesday).  I can’t be a part of the entire series, but I wanted to check it out. 

100_6479

 100_6480

The first session focused on energy.  When I arrived, I have to admit, I was lacking energy.  It was 7:00 p.m. and I hadn’t exercised that  day.  I was just kind of blah.  But the session was really interesting! 

100_6481

(Plus, I had this really tasty granola bar.  YUM!  And it is a whole food!)

We talked a lot about what gives us energy and what really sucks our energy.  We also talked about the times of day when we have lots and little energy.  The point was… if you can identify those things… then you can start to be more intentional about how you plan your day.  I have been thinking about this all day, and I think I have figured out my top three energy-givers and energy-suckers.

My energy high times:

  • 10:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m.
  • 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
  • 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.

Energy-Givers:

  • Zumba or other types of exercise, especially aerobic exercise
  • Teaching Demonstrations—When I am really “on”!
  • Praise/Positive Feedback

Energy Suckers:

  • Any overwhelming task… like cleaning the entire house or starting a new budget
  • Negative people!!!  (People who complain all the time or never have anything good to say!)
  • When I over-plan and don’t make time for myself

I’m going to think about this throughout the week… and think about how I can plan my day around this. 

If you are interested in attending any sessions, Just Focus is offering a special deal just for readers of my blog.  If you buy one session, you get an extra session free!  Just mention that you heard about the program from this blog when you register.

How about you?  What are your energy high times?  What gives/sucks your energy?

1 comment:

  1. We're so happy you were intrigued by the FocusForward session (and the granola bar)! Amazing how just one energy sucker kills it for the whole day. Rock on for you for not only recognizing your key energy times and boosters but sharing them with everyone. Can't wait to see you back for the Cooking whole food fabulous session! And BTW - I'm a sucker for Dunkin Doughnuts too. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!