Sunday, January 9, 2011

Easy Breakfast... and Snow on the Way... Maybe?

Happy Sunday! 

This morning, I made some Breakfast Cups.  These are so easy to make.  I made a new variety today: Spinach and Cheddar Breakfast Cups.

I love making anything that is individually portioned and easy to eat on-the-go.  This morning I was not on the go, but tomorrow I will be.  (Well, maybe... depending on the weather...)  These reheat nicely, too, so you can make several and then keep them in the fridge.


Recipe (makes 6 cups)

Spray 6 muffin cups VERY WELL with nonstick spray.  (Use more or less spray depending on how nonstick your pan is.)  DO NOT use cupcake liners.  The eggs will totally stick.  Preheat oven to 375.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 slices of wheat bread
4 eggs
1/8 cup skim milk
6 tbsp cheddar (2%)
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed (so that the liquid is mostly gone)
salt, pepper, and parsley to taste

Cut bread slices into fourths. (You should have 6 fourths.)  Press each square into the bottom of the sprayed muffin cup.  Then, equally divide the spinach among the 6 cups.  Top with 1 Tbsp of cheddar in each cup.  Mix well in a bowl with a spout: 4 eggs, 1/8 cup of milk, salt and pepper.  Carefully pour the egg mixture over the spinach and cheese until muffin cups are almost full.  Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are golden. 

Brrrr!  It is chilly here in South Carolina!!!  This morning it was 15 degrees here!  And even though right now I see blue skies...


there is winter weather moving in.  We're preparing to be stuck indoors the next few days... I am hoping to go for a walk/run later today and maybe Yoga.  But first, we're going to hubby's parents' for lunch.  We are celebrating Ryan's and his sister Melanie's birthdays that were on Tuesday.  (They are twins, in case you didn't know!)  I told Sadie we were going to celebrate their birthdays and she said, "Do you think there might be cake?"  LOL.

5 comments:

  1. Liz, Did you figure the Points Plus for these? I am going to try them but can't use the WW online tools. Lifetime members have to pay to keep them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are 2 PP each! Not too bad, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great breakfast. And I love that they reheat well. We're only supposed to get rain over here...but it is pretty chilly right now...I just went and did an outdoor workout. My fingers are frozen! have fun celebrating the birthdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to try these individual egg muffin things for a while and you've just motivated me to try them tomorrow since we'll be snowed in. YAY! Hopefully mine will be as delicious as yours look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fantastic...Your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!