Sunday, January 16, 2011

No Sunday Blues Here...

Hello, all!  Do you ever get the "Sunday Blues?"  Sometimes on Sunday afternoons or evenings, I get a little sad.  Don't get me wrong... I love my job, but after a weekend of sleeping in (a little) and having time to cook and family time, it's hard to go back to work.  But today... I DON'T have the Sunday Blues!  Woo hoo!  Tomorrow is a holiday!  (I can't believe I have not been to work in over a week.  It's gonna hit me like a ton of bricks on Tuesday morning.)

This weekend was full of great dancing and eating.  I have been to several great classes AND an awesome workshop with Queen City Dance Out this weekend.  You know, I've been teaching Zumba for a few months now, but the workshop I went to this weekend really helped me to improve my cueing and teaching skills.  PLUS... I learned three really fun songs!  I plan to try some of them out this week in my classes.  Yay for new choreography!


My Zumba "Jewelry"


 I am LOVING my new Zumba Shoes.  Are you looking for Zumba shoes?  If so, I recommend that you try these out.  They are Ryka Transitions.  I got mine from Zappos.com.  Zappos is awesome-- free shipping BOTH ways, so it is risk free.  These shoes are amazingly comfortable, yet supportive at the same time.  They are the best show I have used for Zumba so far.  I highly recommend them!  It took me a while to get used to seeing black shoes on my feet, because I have never owned black tennis shoes.  But I am starting to get used to the color.  They DO come in white, though! :)



Now... on to the eating.  Everyone's favorite part, right???  I thought I would just hit some of the highlights. 

A few breakfasts...


Fried Egg, Toast with Cream Cheese and Pepper Jelly, Apple Slices

Steel Cut Oats with Bananas, Almond Butter, and Maple Syrup


This Stromboli was divine.  I was inspired by this blog post on Liv Life.  As soon as I saw the pictures, I was like, I. Have. To. Make. That.  It tasted awesome... but next time I will add the provolone like the original and also add even more of each topping.  Just to make it even better,






An Old Standby... Turkey, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich
 On Saturday night, I made Red and White Turkey Chili.  This was a really easy recipe-- a throw everything in the bot and cook it for a while recipe.  I used two kinds of white beans: Northern Beans and Garbanzo beans.  I have never used garbanzos in a chili recipe before, because they are a "crunchier bean" and I like the beans to be soft.  However, I sort of liked them in the chili.  It just gave it a different texture.  I also used Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes for Salsa in this chili, which kicked up the heat and the flavor!

Red and White Turkey Chili



So... now I've got to figure out what is for dinner tonight!  I am so hungry!

Happy Sunday night, everyone.  Hope you all have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. YUM - YUM - YUM to everything you made this weekend. Especially the Stromboli and turkey chili...YUM! Sounds like a delicious and active weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a fabulous weekend! Rykas are my go to for gym shoes! I get their cross trainers for teaching on the regular. I agree- having more time on the weekend to cook and just relax ROCKS. I had to work Monday- but it wasn't too bad or busy. Hope your day isn't kicking your booty ;)

    Thank you for the congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on getting the Sunday blues...I get them every week, it never fails! But, unfortunately, I don't have a cool job so that's usually why! And can I please tell you how awesome that stromboli looks? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this blog as I am researching some Zumba Shoes. I checked that site out and it recommended Ryka shoes as one of the better sneakers for Zumba. I wanted to know what your experience with the shoes were and what most people wore in the class? I am planning on starting next week, so I need to buy the shoes asap :)

    It was a pleasant surprise coming here as the food looks verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry delicious. Wow, I am impressed. I actually got hungry looking on the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janene,

    I LOVE the Ryka Transitons. I know a lot of people also like the Nike Free shoe, too. You really just want to avoid shoes with a lot of tread on them, as they make it harder to move sometimes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!