Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

Happy Mother's Day to all you fabulous moms out there! I hope that you all were able to enjoy the day with friends and/or family today! We had an amazing weekend. I have lots of pictures to share with you all.

We started the weekend with some cleaning, because we had family coming to town! On Saturday, Adrienne and Paul, Meredith and David, and my Mom and dad came to town. Everyone had really wanted to see one of Sadie's soccer games, so we decided to make a weekend out of it! We were a little worried about the weather, but the rain held off and we were able to enjoy the game!

After the game, it still was dry, so we decided to hit up a local spot that I haven't been to in years- T. Bones on the Lake! I always forget about T. Bones, but it is so much fun to go there in the war weather months because it is right on the water. If you have a boat, you can even arrive via Lake Wylie! It ended up being super sunny and warm and we all had such a good time sitting out on the deck and chatting.

I decided on grilled fish tacos- which were delicious, by the way! I got mine lightly blackened. Instead of using the soft tacos, I just mixed mine all together into a taco salad. Perfect lake-side eats!

It actually made me really excited for summer and pool time and beach trips!

Adrienne had suggested bowling a while back, so after dinner, we decided to make a quick trip home to let the doggies out and then we headed to the bowling alley!

We had such a good time. I honestly do not think my family has ever bowled together. Sadie loved that the bowling alley had special tools to help her bowl and she is already asking to go back!

Since we had such a fun and busy day on Saturday, we decided on a low key brunch at our house for Mother's Day. The weather was amazing today, so we even were able to sit out on the deck and enjoy it.

 
Monkey bread...
 
Sausage, Sweet Potato, and Bell Pepper Frittatta
 
My plate (splurged on carbs today...oops!)
 

I think this was one of the best weekends at home that we have had this spring. The weather has been so cool and rainy. It was such a nice change to see the sun and be able to enjoy it! We even squeezed in some yard work this afternoon.

Hope you all had a nice weekend also!

 

3 comments:

  1. It certainly was a fun weekend!!! Love being with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fun! :)

    Elizabeth Bridges
    Confessions of a Former Couch Potato
    www.aformercouchpotato.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was sad the weekend had to end! Enjoyed spending it with the family - especially with the two Mom's and to see Sadie play soccer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!