Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Happy Memorial Day, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. We could not have asked for better weather! It was absolutely beautiful here. We were able to accomplish a lot this weekend. Check out the beautiful new fence hubby and his dad built! our old fence was in bad shape. It was really falling apart. They worked all day on Saturday and I think they did a wonderful job!

Old fence:
 
New fence:
 

We have been looking forward to the pool opening this weekend. That is definitely one of my favorite things about summer! The water was like ICE because the temps have been a little lower than normal, but I guess if you are 5 years old you don't really care!

Sadie was feeling brave and was ready to attempt the swim test today. Last summer, she finally passed it in late July or early August.

The goal: a coveted YELLOW bracelet. (Meaning you can swim across the pool by yourself.)

 

Walking to the start spot...

 

Getting ready to start...

 

Swimming...

 

Made it!

 

What else is perfect for a long weekend? Wings! I made three varieties tonight: Asian, BBQ, and Hot. The hot was my favorite.

I also made some roasted zucchini and some buffalo cauliflower tonight. This is becoming one of my favorite ways to eat cauliflower! I tried a simpler prep method tonight than the last time I made this. I plan to share this week in a separate post.

Finally, I just want to say that I am so thankful for all of those people who defend our country! They make the ultimate sacrifice, putting this country above themselves. They are the reason we get to celebrate today!

Happy Memorial Day!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! From getting to see my sweet Sadie passing her swim test, to your yummy food/wings (David will drool over this), to the reason we celebrate Memorial Day - thanks for sharing! :) Love you guys and hope you had a fun weekend! (Oh! And love the new fence they built - very impressive!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!