Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Heat Wave!

Well, I think Mother Nature just gave all of us southerners what we wished for. Over the past 4 weeks, everyone I know has been saying, "It's so COOOOLD. WHEN is it going to get WARM?"

Well, that day was today. As a matter of fact, I think we were close to 90 degrees. Hello summer!!!

After work, I headed out to a nearby park for a walk/run.

I am still struggling with the running. But thanks for the suggestions so far on Twitter. I currently use Map My Run, which is great because it tracks your runs and your progress. I am also registered for a race in July, so I will try and get motivated for that. Today was gorgeous and the honeysuckle is blooming, which made everything smell so nice.

I know all you allergy sufferers don't like it, but I love honeysuckle. It just reminds me of spring and summer. I need to teach Sadie how to get the nectar. Do you all remember the nights eating honeysuckle and catching fireflies?

Tonight's dinner was spaghetti squash and meat sauce. And we ate al fresco. Nice.

Kid approved. :)

Never cooked spaghetti squash? It's so easy. Cut in half lengthwise and roast in the oven (cut side down) at 450 degrees until the skin can be easily pierced with a fork. (About 30 minutes).

Little tip for you... Before roasting my spaghetti squash, I drizzled the cut side and sprinkled it with salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of garlic powder. It REALLY made it more flavorful!

I even made lemonade. (Not for me- avoiding sugary drinks- but for the husband and kiddo.)

Look at how domestic I am. ;)

 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a fun night! Wish I was there to enjoy it with y'all and eat your good food! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth Bridges
    Confessions of a Former Couch Potato
    www.aformercouchpotato.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come for dinner on the deck anytime!

    Elizabeth Bridges
    Confessions of a Former Couch Potato
    www.aformercouchpotato.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!