Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekend Recap and Recipe Reviews

Sunday... Here we are again at the start of another week. We just returned home from a busy weekend away with family. I thought I would give a quick weekend recap and also share a couple of reviews of a few recipes I have tried lately.

Yesterday, we headed down to Aiken, South Carolina for a wedding. We were looking forward to a fun (adult) evening away with my parents, sisters, and brothers-in-law. The wedding was so nice, and we had lots of fun at the reception.

I did a terrible job taking pictures... But we did take some interesting shots in the photo booth! I will have to share those soon.

I had one of the most amazing cupcakes I have ever had in my life. This red velvet cupcake was so pretty but it was so light and fluffy and sweet... Worth every calorie/fat gram/carb...

This morning, we had a quick breakfast and headed to Columbia. My brother-in-law Paul was able to score tickets to the South Carolina Baseball game today.

The weather was perfect! The Gamecocks won, 1-0! The last few seconds of the game were intense!

It was a great way to spend a Sunday!

Thanks to technology... I ordered our weekly groceries in the car as we traveled. When we got home, we swung by and picked them up in a matter of minutes!

Speaking of food, I have two recipes I have tried over the past week that I loved that I want to share with you!

First of all, I loved this one! Creamy, lemony, silky, and filling-- and it passed the husband taste-test! This is comfort food at its finest! Plus, the extra pesto makes a great veggie dip!

And now this one... I made this tonight and I ate almost an entire head of cauliflower.

It was that good, I tell ya.

Alright, let's get this week off to a great start! Happy Sunday!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!