Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Best Broccoli Ever.

Guess what, everybody? It's spring.

Can't you tell?

It's funny. Last weekend we had close to 80 degree weather and lots of sunshine. And this weekend...not so much. It rained. And it was cold. The whole time.

The nice nice thing about rainy, dreary weekends is you have an excuse to relax. I taught a fabulous Zumba class on Saturday, but the rest of the weekend has been devoted to resting. I might have watched an entire season of The Office. I can't believe this show is in its last season. Do you all watch it? I think it may have the best developed characters of any show I have ever watched!

But enough about TV. Lets talk about broccoli. I know. That was a weak transition. But this broccoli is anything but weak.

This isn't really even a recipe, it's just so easy. But I promise you it will be the best-flavored broccoli you have ever tasted.

 

The Best Broccoli Ever

Ingredients

(note: I have not specified amounts of most ingredients because it really depends on your tastes.)

  • 3-4 cups of fresh broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
  • EVOO
  • 1 lemon
  • Sea salt
  • Fresh pepper
  • Garlic powder

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spead broccoli over a baking sheet. (Line with foil for easy cleanup.) Drizzle EVOO over the broccoli. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the broccoli. Sprinkle garlic powder over the broccoli. Zest the lemon over the broccoli and put the broccoli in the oven. Reserve half of the lemon for after cooking. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until the edges begin to brown and the broccoli is crisp-tender. Squeeze the lemon over the broccoli and serve hot.

We enjoyed our broccoli with Paleo Pan-fried Chicken and Apples simmered with honey and cinnamon. Nom.

Happy Sunday!

 

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm going to recreate that whole plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Let me know how you like the broccoli!

    Elizabeth Bridges
    Confessions of a Former Couch Potato
    www.aformercouchpotato.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made your broccoli tonight and loved it! I never make broccoli so now I have a way! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Glad you liked it!

    Elizabeth Bridges
    Confessions of a Former Couch Potato
    www.aformercouchpotato.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!