Monday, March 18, 2013

Outdoorsy Weekend & Baked Chicken Wings

How was everyone's St. Patrick's Day? I really had a planning fail. Being Scotch-Irish, I really should have planned better and made something Irish yesterday. Oops. Being a food blogger, that kinda should've been on my radar.

Let me back up a bit and tell you about our weekend. First of all, the weather was amazing-- close to 80 degrees Saturday AND Sunday! It really gave me a case of spring fever. On Saturday, we took advantage of the warm temps and spent the afternoon riding bikes and hanging out at the park.

Then on Sunday, we hit the local St. Patrick's Day festival. You know, it is funny how things change over time. A few years back, I would have spent most of my time drinking green beer. There actually was no green beer, just regular beer. And, we spent a lot of time in the kiddie area anyway.

There were fried pickles...

and lots of opportunities for people-watching, that's for sure!

We headed home for dinner because I was making baked wings!

So simple, you really can't call it a recipe, but it turns out great every time!


Simple and Delicious Baked Hot Wings

 

1. Put your chicken wings in a ziplock bag.

2. Dump in a generous amount of Frank's Hot Sauce and marinate for an hour or more.

3. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until cooked through.

4. Brush on extra hot sauce (if desired) after baking.

5. Enjoy with celery! (I also added jalapeƱo-stuffed green olives!)

 

Happy Monday, everyone!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!