Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday! How was your weekend?  The weather was absolutely beautiful here in South Carolina! It was crisp at night and in the morning, but during the day it was so gorgeous!  We’ve really enjoying the wonderful fall weather. 

IMG_4576

Look, it’s fall, y’all! 

IMG_4579

She can’t help it.  The child sees a pile of leaves and she had to go jump in them and give herself a leaf shower.  To be a kid again, right?  It’s not as much fun to watch this as a mom and think, what bugs (or worse) might be hiding under that leaf pile?!

This weekend was great.  I was able to squeeze in a 3-mile walk/run on Saturday morning.  I’m going to try and do some more running this fall/winter.  I hate running outside when it is hot.  I love when it is nice and cool. 

Saturday breakfast: breakfast bowl.  In the mix: spicy sausage, sweet potato, gala apples, and onion.

IMG_4589

IMG_4591

Then we decided to head to the aquatic center for family swim that afternoon.  By the end of the summer, Sadie was swimming so well that we wanted to make sure she didn’t lose it.  At the end of the summer, she was able to throw a diving stick in the pool and then retrieve it from the bottom.  She was so proud of herself!  I was really worried that she would be frustrated now, having been away from the pool for a few months.

IMG_4593 

However… it was like she never left!  Ryan and I were both amazed!  She was like a little fish again!

IMG_4597

On Sunday morning, we went to a delicious brunch at church.  It was nice to be able to spend time with friends catching up.  I was busy taking pictures for the church website and newsletter, but I managed to get a friend to snap a pic of our little family. 

 IMG_4599

IMG_4601

IMG_4634

On Sunday, I actually had some time to bake.  I haven’t done much baking since adjusting to being “Mostly-Paleo,” since most baking requires wheat flour.  However, I had found a new recipe for sweet potato brownies that I wanted to try which called for coconut flour.  I finally was able to find coconut flour at Earth Fare.  It’s expensive… but man, does it smell DELICIOUS!  It’s the first flour I have ever opened and wanted to taste!  (I didn’t.) 

IMG_4675 

These brownies turned out good taste-wise… very chocolatey and sweet and rich.  However, even after baking them for close to an hour, they didn’t really take on that cake-like texture I was looking for.  I think it might have to do with me doubling the recipe.  I think I will work on these a bit to try and perfect them a bit and try again.  I am thinking if I add a little more coconut flour, that may help. 

IMG_4676

So hopefully soon I will have a Sweet Potato brownie recipe to share with you all! 

IMG_4683

For now, I am taking the philosophy that even an imperfect brownie is better than no brownie at all! ;)

Have a great week, friends!

1 comment:

  1. What cute pictures of you all - and especially of sweet Sadie!  Can't wait to see you guys soon!  Give a "get well" kiss to my sweet niece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!