Sunday, November 18, 2012

Anniversary Dinner at Vivace in Charlotte

Hello, friends!  I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend!  We sure did here at the Confessions House.  Guess what… yesterday was our 11-year anniversary!  It is so hard to believe that we have been married for that long.  The time has passed by so quickly!  Here we are on November 17, 2001.

image

Babies.  That’s what we were.  Wrinkle-free.  No grey hair.  NO idea what was in store for us!

IMG_4632

But just as happy now.

We decided to keep it low-key this year, and just headed to Charlotte for a nice dinner out.  We packed up the kiddo for the night and hit the road.  We decided on Vivace.  Several friends recommended it, and after looking at the reviews on Yelp, I thought we should try it out.  If you aren’t using Yelp, it is a great FREE App and Website that is so helpful with finding local restaurants and events.  I use it almost every time we travel.  I love that you can even make reservations from the Yelp iPhone App!

IMG_4720  

Vivace is located on Metropolitan Avenue in Charlotte.  That area is so pretty with all the lights in the trees and all of the modern store-fronts.

IMG_4721

IMG_4722

IMG_4728

As soon as we walked in, we loved the atmosphere, and our table was ready exactly at our reservation time.  We decided to start with the meat and cheese platter. 

IMG_4724

IMG_4725

Everything was delicious.  Ryan especially loved the honey and I loved the marmalade and the freshly-stone-ground mustard.  This might be the best mustard I have ever had. 

We also got the Calamari because the husband cannot turn down Calamari. 

IMG_4727

We were feeling a little full, so we decided to split an entree.  Everything on the menu sounded amazing, but in the end we decided on Pork Belly Ravioli with Drunken Figs. 

IMG_4729

(This is a half-portion of this entree.)

This dish was so wonderful.  The ravioli was delicious.  I don’t even know how to describe it.  The figs were sweet and just a little crunchy, like they were caramelized.  It was a wonderful combination with the sauce, which was on the salty side (in a good way).  If you gave me a cup of that sauce, I swear I would drink it.

As much as I wanted to try dessert, we were just too full, so I settled for a Cappuccino. 

IMG_4730

It was a wonderful night, and although we missed our little munchkin, it was nice to have a calm and (adult) dinner together. 

If you are in the area and are looking for a great spot for Italian food, give Vivace a try! 

Reader Question: What’s the BEST meal you have ever eaten?  Where did you eat it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!