Thursday, November 8, 2012

Mary's Cafe

A few weeks ago, I discovered a hidden gem right here in my own city. Don't you love when that happens? When you find a restaurant that you never even knew existed? And it is fabulous? And cheap? Come to the light, my Rock Hill friends.

I first visited Mary's Cafe with coworkers a few weeks ago. I had actually driven right by it several times and never really paid attention to it.

The building is kind of plain on the outside, but don't be fooled. Appearances can be deceiving! When you enter, you can sit wherever you like, and trust me, you will not be waiting very long to be served! The menus are right on the table under a glass tabletop.

I recommend that you get the meat and 3 veggie plate or the veggie plate. The price is fantastic ($5.95!) and you have a wide variety of selections. I opted for the pork chop, collards, cabbage, and fried green tomatoes.


The food was delicious! I am very picky about collard greens and I believe that the ones I make are the best, but these were pretty darn good. The fried green tomatoes were wonderful. You can't get those too many places.

Mary Vu (hence the name Mary's Cafe) who was originally from Vietnam, learned how to cook southern cuisine from her adoptive mother when she came to the U.S. in 1975. Mary and her husband, Van, run the restaurant together.

Mary's Cafe is open for lunch and for dinner. Stop in sometime soon and give it a try! You will not be disappointed!

Visit the website for the menu and more information!

http://maryscafeonline.com/



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!