Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekend Eats and Activities

Happy Sunday!  It’s so nice to be off of work on a Monday!  Are any of you off of work tomorrow?  It just gives Sunday nights a while different feel.

I hope all of you have had a nice weekend!  Ours has been fairly low-key, which is nice.

On Saturday morning, I took Sadie-bug to her friend Coalson’s birthday party.  She had a blast in the bounce houses and going down the giant slides! 

Pics 9-4-10 053

IMG_2240

IMG_2243 

I think Ryan was super-appreciative because afterwards she took a nice long nap!

While Sadie was napping, I helped out with some Zumba instructor auditions and then hit Trader Joe’s for some goodies.  I sure wish we had a TJs in our town, but luckily we live close enough to Charlotte that I can go occasionally.  Trader Joe’s has great produce for great prices and they also offer a great selection of convenience foods.  I came home with a bag full of goodies, which included ingredients to make pizza at home!  Luckily I had my little helper to help get the dough ready!

IMG_2252

IMG_2253

IMG_2260  

We topped ours with mozzarella, pepperoni, and fresh basil. I did have one fail.  I forgot pizza sauce!  DOH!  Luckily I had some leftover sauce in the fridge.  Oops! 

IMG_2263

IMG_2264

The pizza was delicious!  I love making our own.  I used the TJs pizza dough, which is very convenient, but I also make pizzas with pitas, bagels, and round flat breads!

I also have become highly addicted to grapefruit! 

IMG_2246

It seems weird, considering it is the middle of winter, but the taste buds want what they want.

Today I taught a fabulous Zumba class!  It really was so much fun and the best way to spend a Sunday.  I am convinced that Zumba really does make you happier.  I guess one might argue that all exercise does this, but I think Zumba is the BEST!  ;)  I am a little biased, though.

Pics 9-4-10 056

I love these shoes, but I really need some new ones.  Maybe for my birthday?

Pics 9-4-10 057

 

Happy Sunday, friends! 

10 comments:

  1. Looks like Sadie-bug is wearing jeans!?!? Haha!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cooked a homemade pizza on the grill once and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Now that sounds delish! I have seen different ways to grill pizza but have never tried it!

      Delete
  3. ahhh please adopt me! haha it looks like you guys had a blast!

    I've never tried TJs dough -- def need to pick some up next time I drive out there! (2 hours away ahhh!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Testing out a reply system!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!  She sure is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes!  She sure is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!