Friday, January 6, 2012

Birthday Wings

TGIF!  I don’t know about you all, but this week was a little hard.  After being off of work for over 2 weeks, it was hard to go back for a full week.  Friday was a welcome sight!

On Wednesday, the Confessions Hubby celebrated his birthday.  Please don’t tell him I told all of you that he is 37.  I like to tease him because no matter how old I get… he’ll always be older!  He he!  Poor Hubby had his birthday on one of our busiest nights of the week: Wednesday.  We usually have dinner at church and then Sadie has kids’ activities afterwards.  Unfortunately for Ryan, the menu was soup.  Now, this was great news for me—I LOVE soup, especially on a really cold day, which it was.  But the hubby… not so much of a fan.  He was a good sport and ate the soup on his birthday. 

And then I made the poor guy go on a 2+ mile run/walk in the 30 degree weather with me while Sadie was in her church class. 

photo

Love that iMapMyFitness App!  Have you tried it yet?  I also LOVE when the weather is cold.  It is my favorite walk/run weather.  Weird, I know.  But I love a cold run.  It helps me go further.  I wish we’d had more time to run another mile or two.

But I did reward him with cake!

IMG_2224

IMG_2226 

I wanted to make it myself but there was just no time this week.  So thank you Harris Teeter for the lovely red velvet cake with cream cheese icing.  (I realize this is a slight cheat for Eat-In Month, but it just couldn’t be helped.  Oops!)  The 9-point slice I ate was worth it.

IMG_2227

So… fast forward to Friday night.  I promised the hubby that I would make up for his soup meal on Friday with chicken wings!  I don’t fry mine.  I usually like to marinate them and bake them.  Tonight I made two varieties: hot and barbecue.  I marinated the hot wings in Frank’s Cayenne Pepper Sauce (the BEST wing sauce in my opinion) and more of this homemade BBQ sauce.

IMG_2229

IMG_2232

IMG_2233

Bake at 400 for about 20-25 minutes and they are ready!

Mmmmmm… wings!  Perfect! 

Happy birthday, honey!  Hope those wings made up for your birthday soup dinner!  :)  Mwah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!