Sunday, January 29, 2012

Annual Birthday Weekend!

Hi there!  I bet you’re wondering where I have been!  It’s been a week since I posted last.  That’s one of the longest breaks from m y blog that I have taken in the year and a half that I have been blogging.  I guess sometimes it is bound to happen.  Last week was really busy.  We were trying to get ready for a special birthday weekend!  ;)

Sadie’s official birthday is Tuesday, but we were celebrating this weekend.  We started Saturday morning with a fun party at a local gymnastics studio (?). 

IMG_2307

IMG_2310

IMG_2312

Sadie was so excited about her party.  She couldn’t wait to jump and play with her friends!  I think everyone was successfully worn out afterwards!

IMG_2353

IMG_2369

IMG_2375   

Ryan and I can’t believe we have a little girl who is almost 4!  Time goes by so quickly! One advantage of writing a blog is that I can easily look back and see what we were doing a year ago.  Here are two links from this weekend last year!

We were so happy that Leenie, Poppy, Meredith, David, Adrienne, and Paul could all come to spend the weekend with us.  AND all their dogs came, too!  We had a full house, but it was a lot of fun! 

IMG_2382

(brother-in-law David and my mom aka Leenie)

IMG_2383

(Adrienne and Paul—the newlyweds!)

IMG_2384

(Dad aka Poppy and sister Meredith)

IMG_2385

(Sadie, me, Ryan)

We enjoyed a fun lunch at Sixpence Pub.  I had to get the fish and chips… it’s my favorite thing there.  I have had fish and chips other places… but it’s really delicious here.

IMG_2388

IMG_2389

Later, there was family time.  With all the company in the house, we had to make some room.  Sadie graciously gave up her bedroom to Adrienne and Paul.  She had a campout in our room.  

IMG_2390

IMG_2392

And then there was a lot of oooh-ing and ahhh-ing at this little puppy.

IMG_2396

IMG_2398

Meet Gracie, my mom and dad’s new little puppy.  She is such a playful little thing and she is so friendly!  She is as soft as she looks.  What a cutie!

This morning, we had a birthday brunch for me  at my favorite brunch spot: The Terrace Cafe.  Technically my birthday isn’t for a week, but we went ahead and celebrated while everyone was together!

image

image

I never get tired of going here!  The food is always wonderful and so is the service.  I guess that is why it is always packed!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! 

6 comments:

  1. We had such a fun time being there to celebrate with the two birthday girls.  Gracie had a great time meeting all of the family people and her puppy nieces!  She was worn out when she got home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time with everyone too!  It was fun celebrating the two birthday girls/ladies & playing with all the pups!  And early Happy Birthday to you and Sadie this week!  Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hy Liz,
    chanced upon your space while blog hopping...lovely space you have..
    interesting posts with excellent presentation ..
    beauuuuuuuutiful cliks..
    Am your happy follower now..;)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so much fun. Your little pup is so cute! Glad we got to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you came! It was a nice weekend! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! Nice To meet you! I will check out your blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!