Thursday, January 19, 2012

BFD and Weighing In

It’s Friday Eve!  I don’t know about you all, but I am so excited for the weekend!  I have a busy day at work tomorrow, so I know it will go by quickly!  Yay for being busy!

I just got home from teaching my 5th Zumba class in 5 days!  Whew!  That’s a lot, but I love it.  It’s been a busy week but lots of fun dancing with all sorts of people.  It’s so inspiring to help people reach their fitness goals in such a fun way. 

Speaking of goals…

Our Dance Fitness Company is starting a weight loss challenge this week.  I decided to weigh in and participate, too. 

Pics 9-4-10 056

If you have been reading for a while, you know that I went through a lifestyle change a few years ago.  When I had my little girl, I was overweight, out of shape.  I decided that was no way to live.  I committed myself to regular exercise and changed my eating habits.  I am proud to say I have mostly maintained the 40 pounds I lost (within 5-10 pounds), but I am not at the end of my journey.  I really want to kick it back into high gear.  I’ve been really careful to track everything I eat and I have made an extra effort to be more active.  That means more running, walking, weights, and extra Zumba classes.  So I hope you’ll continue on the journey with me.  Do any of you have weight loss goals you’re trying to achieve?  Or eating habits you are trying to change?

I recently read this post by one of my favorite bloggers, Andie.  Andie lost over 100 pounds and she writes this amazing blog.  She’s such a talented writer.  Anyway, when I read this post, it was eye-opening to me.  I think so often the word “diet” means packaged foods like Lean Cuisines or Smart Ones or 100-calorie packs.  Now, I have eaten my fair share of those things.  But I also think that they prevent you from learning how to eat food that is good for you.  Like Andie says, you have to learn how to savor your food and enjoy it.  And make sure what you choose to eat is worth it!  Read this post about weight maintenance and see what you think.  I am trying to cut back on processed foods. 

Tonight when I got home from Zumba, I was hungry!  I didn’t plan ahead, so I went with what was quick and easy: Breakfast for Dinner (BFD)

Pics 9-4-10 058

  • scrambled eggs
  • vegetarian “sausage patties”
  • Trader Joe’s grilled asparagus

This asparagus was delicious!  Better than any other frozen asparagus I have ever bought!

And then I had a few minutes to spend with my munchkin before it was time for her to go to bed.

Speaking of my munchkin, how about this funny little picture?

Pics 9-4-10 054

She was definitely up to something, don’t you think???

5 comments:

  1. My goal is to stop eating as much processed foods - especially cream of ___ soups in recipes!  I also lost 40 lbs. about 5 years ago, right after I got married, and I've been able to maintain my weight by exercising (ZUMBA!) and eating healthy foods.  I just had a baby 11 weeks ago, and I weigh what I did pre-baby, but I just want to tone up and fit into a couple pairs of jeans that are a little too tight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great goals! Awesome job being back at pre pregnancy weight already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im doing the weight loss challange too! Im pretty excited about it. My goal is to loss 20lbs.  Im gonna try to get in some more zumba classes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should try the app for your phone called my fitness pal/calorie counter. It is great to track your calories and excercise. You can actually scan the barcodes of food. Great tool! Good luck on your journey.

    Amy Pritchard Stevenson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Wow, that is a big goal! I have been seriously tracking and making an extra effort and it is helping me to feel great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!