Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sister Birthday Dinner

Happy Saturday!  I’ve been a bit busy and tired this week… trying to recover from the Bachelorette Weekend last weekend.  I am having a hard time getting my life together!  It seems like every night I am getting home at 8:30 p.m. or even later sometimes, and I can’[t seem to get organized and back on track!  Even though it has been busy, I was looking forward to some time with my sisters this weekend. 

On Friday night, Ryan, Sadie, Meredith, David, and I headed over to have dinner with Adrienne and Paul at Paul’s (soon to be Paul AND Adrienne’s) house!

IMG_1285

IMG_1286

IMG_1296

We started with a cheese tray. 

IMG_1278

I brought two kinds of crackers and herbed goat cheese, smoked gouda, and some spinach-artichoke cheese spread, along with some pepperoni slices.  (I forgot to take a picture before we ate it… oops!)

Adrienne is a great cook and she made a delicious meatloaf and salad.

IMG_1290

IMG_1291

IMG_1292

IMG_1294

This turkey meatloaf had sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, and parsley.  It was so flavorful and we all loved it!  There were not many leftovers!  Adrienne is also a wonderful salad maker. 

And we had a little cake since Meredith just turned 30!  Sadie helped blow out the candles. 

IMG_1298

IMG_1299

IMG_1300

With my sister turning the big 3-0, we’ve had some conversations about crossing from your twenties into your thirties.  When I turned 30, I had just come home from the hospital with Sadie the previous day.  My party was small, but it was definitely a momentous birthday.  I have loved my thirties so far—lots of great things have happened in these past 3 1/2 years.  How about you?  Did you get nervous about turning 30?  40?  have any birthdays really bothered you?

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!  Ours is busy as usual, but I have a fun shower to tell you about! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!