Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Photo Shoot and Sushi Night

On Saturday, I had a photo shoot.  You know what I think of when I hear the words “Photo shoot?”  This song:

This song was actually on a list of the top 10 WORST songs of all time.  But I can’t help it.  It’s fun and I like it.

Back to the photo shoot.  The dance fitness company I work for was having a photo shoot on Saturday to shoot new pictures for our web site and promotional materials.  I have to say, from the moment I knew the date for this, I started getting nervous.  I couldn ‘t decide what to wear and how to pose!  These shots were Zumba instructor shots, so it wasn’t like posing for just any old picture.  In fact, I spent a lot of time practicing my poses and even had Ryan take some practice shots of me!  (Go ahead, laugh.  I know, I am a total dork.)

 IMG_1489

IMG_1493

The shoot was a lot of fun.  And I think the photographer actually got some pictures of me that don’t look totally ridiculous!  YAY!  Here I am, posing:

 166961_199988570079750_100002058262849_447575_1221716079_n

(Thanks, Jay, for this photo!)

Thank goodness for the “directors” who helped give us ideas!

It was also fun to just SEE all the other instructors.  Often, we don’t see each other because we’re all teaching in  different locations.

385780_199988236746450_100002058262849_447571_1303496775_n

(again, thanks Jay!)

Afterwards, we headed out to one of my favorite Sushi spots: Ru San’s.  I am really bad about always ordering the same thing every time I get sushi, so this time I decided to try out 2 new choices.  I ordered the Grinch Roll and the Rising Sun. 

 IMG_1500

(Rising Sun: I think it had tuna, salmon, onion, cream cheese, and more— and then the whole roll had a crispy tempura crust)

IMG_1501

Grinch Roll (can’t remember what was in it—but had tempura bits on top, and eel sauce)

IMG_1502

Both were delicious, but the Rising Sun was AMAZING!  It had a spicy aioli sauce on the side that was the perfect combination.  The rising sun is a BIG roll, but it’s sooo pretty! 

Do you like sushi?  What’s your favorite thing to order when you go out for sushi?

Hope you all are having a great start to the week!  I just got home from teaching a high-energy, crazy Zumba class!  Now I am about to settle in  with some soup, wine, and a new episode of American Horror Story, if I can get the husband to watch it with me.  Anyone else watching this?  LOVE this show!!!

1 comment:

  1. Im learning to like sushi. So far, I like any that is Tempura. I try to take it a step further each time I try it. Im such a wimp.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!