Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday

Happy hump day!  I hope your day is off to a great start!  Exciting news… I am going to be joining up with Jenn over at Peas and Crayons on her “What I Ate Wednesdays” Shenanigans!

Every Wednesday, Jenn and loads of other bloggers show off what they’ve been eating.  I’m excited to show you what I ate yesterday because it was full of deliciousness!

I started the day off with this amazing frittata!

Frittata 1

frittata 4

frittata 5

Just between you and me, I may have eaten this off of fine china because I didn’t feel like unloading the dishwasher.

I saw this frittata here on Everyday Paleo.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make it.  I was a little unsure of the sweet potatoes, but it was perfect!  Seriously, make this tomorrow morning for your family.  I had lots of leftovers, so this morning I get to enjoy it again!  (I also think it would make a great post-work-out snack!

Lunch yesterday was very colorful!  So colorful, in fact, that I am thinking about starting another weekly feature soon that you can also get involved in!  More on that soon!

IMG_3816

IMG_3817

IMG_3819

IMG_3821

Lunch included Paleo Chili (no beans) topped with avocado, a fresh peach from our CSA box (so sweet and amazingly delicious!), and a salad with romaine, green olives, baby heirloom tomatoes, avocado, and more!

Summer veggies are so great!  I love living in South Carolina where we have amazing peaches!  By the way, if you are wondering about what a CSA is, we had some discussion about this on my Facebook page.  Go here to check it out.

Want to make my Paleo chiliGo here and find out how!  This is so simple!

And dinner… oh dinner.  It was a disaster… sort-of.  I have been wanting to make Paleo Pad Thai for quite awhile.  I underestimated the amount of prep work involved here.  Have you ever tried to keep up with someone who runs (or walks) much faster than you?  You feel like you’re trying to catch up the whole time.  That was me cooking this meal.  Constantly looking at the recipe and going, “Oh shucks!*”  I forgot to chop up the ____ (insert any ingredient on the list here)!”  I was thinking to myself, “This is going to be a flipping* disaster.”  But… in the end… it actually turned out pretty good. 

*it’s possible that a curse different word was actually used in these situations.

IMG_3897

IMG_3900

IMG_3905

I’ll probably make this again. 

In about 5 years.

Just kidding.

Nope, not kidding.  It will probably be 5 years before I do this again.

So there you have it!  That’s what I ate on Wednesday!  If you’re a blogger and want to join in on the WIAW fun, you can click on the WIAW button at the top of the page and learn more!

1 comment:

  1. This food (all of it) looks A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!