Thursday, June 21, 2012

Last Beach Days and Hamburger Joe’s

It’s always sad when you have to pack up and leave the beach.  It’s even harder when it is a beautiful sunny day and you have to pack up and leave.  Am I right?  Luckily, this is not our last time to visit the beach this summer.  We’ll be back again. 

MB Trip 007 

One fun thing we got to look forward to was seeing what kinds of sculptures we would see each day.  There was a family that sat in the same area of the beach as us, and the dad was a Landscape Artist.  Every day, he created the coolest sculptures!

IMG_3710

Snowman, penguins, and igloo…

MB Trip 026

treasure chest, skeleton, and dragon…

It will be nice to get home and be in my own house… my own bed…and have my own cooking utensils and appliances.  Our room was pretty small and the kitchen items were very few.  We had to be inventive.  I really missed my knives!  I also only brought salt, pepper, and EVOO as condiments.  I really missed having access to more items.  This lack of utensils, spices, and condiments led to Cheez-It Chicken Tenders. 

IMG_3714

IMG_3716

(Nothing but class all the way.  Ha!) These were a hit with the husband, but not the kiddo. 

I did manage to make some chicken salad, also.  This was better than the Cheez-It Chicken.  :)

IMG_3722

IMG_3724

Thank goodness we went out to eat a few times.  Last night, we visited another one of our favorite places that we have been coming to for years: Hamburger Joe’s.

I don’t think the North Myrtle Location has a website, but here is a link to a site that has lots of reviews… and as you will see, it does not disappoint!

Location Information:

712 48th Avenue
North Myrtle Beach, SC
(843) 272-6834

IMG_3729

(Look at the prices!)

IMG_3730

If you are in the MB area and are looking for a casual family spot to eat that is VERY easy on the wallet and very laid back, this is your spot.  We met some friends for dinner who happened to be beaching this week, too.  Sadie enjoyed having a friend to talk to at dinner.

IMG_3725

I recommend the burgers here.  That’s what they are known for.  Here’s mine…

IMG_3731

… topped with cheese, chili, lettuce, tomato, and pickles.  Fabulous. 

Since changing to Paleo, I have usually eaten my burgers sans bun… but I thought for vacation ir would be ok to have a bun.  It’s hard to eat a burger with all those toppings and NOT have a bun.  I’ll be detoxing next week.

It’s been so nice to get away, enjoy some family time, and be at the beach. 

MB Trip 027

MB Trip 028

IMG_3719

IMG_3709

IMG_3699 

Goodbye, beach… we’ll see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. OMG your killing me...I LOVE HAMBURGER JOES.  The goldwings are also out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah man, this post is giving me a serious case of vacation envy--I want to go to the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!