Friday, April 1, 2011

Thirty Days… No Fizz

I want to start by saying thank you to all of you for such sweet, thoughtful comments on my blog and on Facebook about my grandfather.  We will miss him so much, but I am so glad that he didn’t have to continue living without his true love.  I always knew they were deep in love, but I never realized how much until this past week.  In case you missed my post about my grandfather, here is the link.

And if you’re interested in reading a little more about him, check out this post about his Honor Flight experience, when he was able to fly to Washington D.C. in the fall.  That’s such a cool story.

Today I had a really productive day at work and I headed out the door for Zumba.  I was excited.  I was even gonna be early.  And then… Traffic.  There are few things in this world that I dislike as much as bad traffic.  It’s soooo frustrating.  It took me 40 minutes to travel 1.5 miles on I-77.  I got off the interstate, thinking maybe the city traffic might be better.  Here’s what I sat in for another 20-30 minutes. 

IMG00075-20110401-1810

Yes, that is bumper-to-bumper traffic for as far as the eye can see.  Then I got caught by trains. 

IMG00076-20110401-1822[1] (2)

It was a hot mess.  In the end, I traveled an hour and twenty minutes and got to do about 20 minutes of Zumba.  LOL.  Better luck next time, I hope.

I found out what was causing the traffic issues.  Click here to find out.

I made it home in time for Taco Night.  (I always eat mine salad-style!)  Yum!  Love tacos.

100_1434

100_1435

So… it’s a new month… and I’ve got a new challenge for you! 

Yesterday I decided to sign up for a thirty-day challenge with No Fizz Charlotte

(image courtesy of No Fizz Charlotte)

For the month of April, I am giving up sodas!  I am not a huge soda drinker as it is… but I do find that I am drinking one diet soda or sometimes even one regular soda each day.  Both are full of junk I don’t need… and I really need to be drinking more water.  Part of the challenge is to drink 60 ounces of water a day.  I am aiming for 80 ounces, though!

Would you like to join me?  If you’d like to join the challenge, leave a comment on this post so I’ll know who all is in!  Also, make sure you visit No Fizz Charlotte and sign up on their web site.  They’ll email you a big packet that will give you all kinds of information and tips on getting more water (and less soda) into your life.  You don’t have to live in Charlotte to participate!!!

I’ve got another little series in the works… you’ll have to stay tuned for details on that!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Liz! I'm gonna try to go "No Fiz." Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Liz- I'm in! I had it last night mixed with another beverage of choice:), but I will stop drinking it starting now. Same as you, I don't drink a ton of soda, but I shouldn't at all! So let the no fizz month begin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!