Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Weekend of Family, Food, and… Paintball???

So… it looks like we’ve got a few takers for the “30 days No Fizz Challenge!”  If you are just now joining me and are wondering what this is, here is the link to the post I am referring to.

Remember, if you are participating, please go to the No Fizz Charlotte web page and sign up there to “officially join” and get your information packet.  There’s all kinds of interesting information that will help you. 

I know that we all crave weekends, but I was really in desperate need of this weekend.  By Friday, I was just completely exhausted.  It seems crazy… I mean I only worked 2 days this past week, but I was so tired and in need of a weekend.

Yesterday, Ryan and I took Sadie to a Bridges Family reunion up at his Aunt Susan’s house in Indian Trail.  We were lucky.  The weather was BEAUTIFUL.

100_7357

100_7358

It was so nice to see the sun again after all the rain we had this week.

The day was filled with delicious food (can you believe I did not take one food photo while I was there???), catching up with family, time in the sun, and…

100_7351

100_7328

100_7329

100_7332

100_7333

100_7334

100_7335

100_7341

100_7343

100_7344

…paintball!  (What?  You don’t play paintball at your family reunions?) 

100_7336

100_7337

100_7338

100_7340

100_7348

I did not partake of the paintball, but Ryan enjoyed it.  There he is in the gray hoodie.  Once he got the hang of it, he really enjoyed himself!  Sadie had fun playing with her cousins and being outside.

Afterwards, Sadie went home with her Nanny and Papa, and Ryan and I headed home.  We made a couple of stops.  I was craving fro-yo and I also wanted to hit up Trader Joe’s on the way home. 

100_7360

I decided on Pomegranate Tart Fro-Yo today, with blueberries, strawberries, and kiwi on top. 

Ryan had never been to Trader Joe’s and he really fell in love with the frozen food aisle.  If you haven’t been to TJ’s and checked out all the convenient frozen foods, you really need to check it out.  It’s way better than Hot Pockets and Lean Cuisines.

We had plans to go hang out with some friends, but the closer we got to home, the more I was just wanting a night at home to relax.  So that’s what we did.  We cooked one of our TJ’s purchases: Flounder Stuffed with Crabmeat, with some mashed potatoes and asparagus.  This fish… it was so good.  You would never have believed it was frozen.  It was tender, juicy, and the crabmeat stuffing was amazing—cheesy and rich… so good.  I would definitely buy this again.

100_7361

100_7363

We ate while watching “The Fighter.”  I’ve been wanting to see it for a while.  Wow—it was a fabulous movie.  I don’t want to give anything away if you have not seen it, but I really loved the movie. 

This morning, I had good intentions of getting up in time for church, but I just couldn’t do it.  I really needed the extra rest and the time to just SIT and enjoy breakfast…

100_7366

100_7367

…for a change.  In fact, it’s only 10:40 and already I have accomplished the following:

1.  finished loading the dishwasher and have it running

2.  cooked breakfast

3.  Practiced a new Zumba song several times

4.  Watched a cooking show and have an idea for dinner

 

Now that’s a productive morning, I’d say! 

I hope all of you are enjoying your weekend! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!