Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Local Restaurant: Culina & Slawsa for Cookouts!

You know how sometimes things are just meant to be?

Like this past Sunday. I woke up thinking about brunch. Breakfast/brunch is my favorite eat-out meal, and I was sitting on the couch sipping my coffee and feeling bad that I STILL have not been to Culina, a new-ish local restaurant in Rock Hill.

And then...

in my email...

Boom. Daily Deal. Culina.

See? It's like it was meant to be. I made a reservation for 12:15 and after church, we headed out to brunch.

 

Culina is open nightly for dinner, but they also feature a weekend brunch.

 

The menu features items like Shrimp and Grits and Eggs Benedict, but I already knew what I wanted:

 
Yes, you read that correctly: "Cheerwine Chicken and Waffles." I have been eyeing this menu item for quite some time.
 
 
(For those of you not in the south... If you aren't familiar with Cheerwine, you are missing out. It's like Cherry Coke, but way better.)

The chicken was so crispy on the outside and tender on the inside! The Cheerwine sauce was sweet, but not TOO sweet, and was a perfect waffle topping!

What is it with chicken and waffles? It seems like such a weird combination, but it's really genius. Sweet and salty all on one plate.

Not pictured: Bloody Mary. Culina has a Bloody Mary Bar. The server brings your drink to you, and then you add whatever additions you like!

The husband went with Eggs Benedict.

 

I stole a bite and it was delicious! Especially the potatoes! Our server let us know that Culina's dinner service is different from the brunch service. Dishes are served more family style and sharing is encouraged. I love family style since I like to steal food from everyone sample all the items on the table. I'm like a seagull, I guess.

If you decide to visit Culina (and I think you should,) I would make a reservation, because it is small. You can make a reservation by visiting their website.

 

Culina Modern Comfort Food on Urbanspoon

 

 

Now... On another note... Are you ready for the Fourth of July? We are having a little family cookout he at home, so I made a special trip out to The Peach Stand this week for Slawsa! You can't have a cookout without Slawsa! If you haven't tried it, what are you waiting for? It's so yum. And this is a condiment made by a small, fairly local company. You'll be supporting a great small business by buying Slawsa!

 

 

 
Don't forget the Slawsa!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!