Friday, July 5, 2013

American Cafe: Fort Mill, SC

Happy Friday! I hope that all of you had a wonderful Fourth of July! We did. It was a very low-key evening at the Confessions House. I just realized that almost all my posts lately have been restaurant "show and tells"... Oops?! I guess we have been eating out a lot. I will have some recipes to share with you all next week!

Tonight I am bringing you one more local restaurant review: American Cafe in Fort Mill, SC! We happened upon this restaurant due to weather. A girlfriend and I had planned to take our girls to an outdoor event, but the weather was so iffy we decided on a girls' dinner instead. Neither of us had been to American Cafe and thought we would give it a try!

Now, if you're wondering where it is, American Cafe is located inside the Clarion Hotel on Carowinds Boulevard. When you enter the hotel lobby, take a left, and the restaurant is down the first hallway on the right. There is plenty of room for parties and they also have a great area for bands/dancing! The lounge area is very nice, and it has couches and comfy chairs.

If you have been to PassionEight, American Cafe has the same owner and chef! Our server told us that almost every menu item is made from scratch in the restaurant. They have a really diverse menu with lots of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, and entrees.

I started with a wedge, because I really can't turn down a crunchy wedge salad in the summer!

I was really torn between the Chicken Cordon Bleu and a wrap. In the end, I went with the buffalo chicken wrap. I still really want to try the Cordon Bleu- but I knew it was more food than I wanted. I will have to go back!

I loved the wrap! As you know, I love all buffalo flavored items! The lettuce was really crunchy and fresh!

My friend had the Chicken BLT with sweet potato tots and she also really enjoyed her meal. The girls gave their food a thumbs-up, also!

American Cafe also has what looks like an AMAZING Sunday Brunch. Everything on the menu sounds fantastic. And you people know how I love a brunch, right?!

If you are in the area, go visit American Cafe! Great family dinner spot- casual and not too expensive, but great food! Spending the day at Carowinds? Stop here on the way home!

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this...I didn't even know this place existed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me either! But worth a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!