Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ostra and Chart House Restaurant (San Antonio, TX)

Hello, friends! Have you been reading all my posts from San Antonio? Check out my previous posts (linked below) to follow what I have been doing.

Gluttony in San Antonio

Boudro's on the Riverwalk

So far, I have learned so much and my brain is on overload, but it has been a fabulous trip. We have enjoyed many great restaurants!

I have two spots to share with you today: Ostra and Chart House.

I stumbled on Ostra kind of by accident. I was using YELP to scope out good brunch spots. I found one that looked fantastic...but when I got there, it turned out that brunch was pretty pricey. It did include bottomless mimosas...but still. It was a little more than I wanted to spend. So we ended up at Ostra.

We had a few minutes to wait for a table, but luckily they had a complimentary coffee bar! I grabbed a coffee and we enjoyed the nice view of the Riverwalk. Some parts of the Riverwalk are a little crowded and dirty, but not here!

 

Side note: check out this hotel! I want to stay HERE if I visit again!

We decided to go with the buffet, which was delish! I loved the scrambled eggs with pico de gallo and Serrano peppers!

After our breakfast, we were stuffed, so we spent some time wandering around and explored the Alamo a little.

I loved this tree, which was over 100 years old! It's located just outside of the long barracks of the Alamo.

 

So now... I want to tell you all about my favorite spot in San Antonio so far: Chart House.

Chart House is actually located on the top of the Tower of the Americas.

Chart House is about 500-550 feet high, and the elevator ride was pretty exciting and nerve-wracking!

The ride was worth the wait!

When we stepped off the elevator, we were greeted with the most beautiful, panoramic view of the city. Every table has this amazing view! Plus, the floor rotates very slowly, so throughout the course of your meal, you make a 360 degree turn around San Antonio.

I started with a dirty martini...

...followed by Gazpacho!

You rarely see gazpacho on a menu, so I had to get it, and it was wonderful! One of the best I have had! And by the way, that is a pickle stuck in there! Love!

It took a while to decide on an entree, but I went with scallops with wasabi mashed potatoes and Asian green beans.

It was delicious! I was a little worried about the potatoes because sometimes wasabi can be a little overpowering, but these were perfect! I would highly recommend this! I definitely want to try and recreate these green beans! They were so unique! I think they had sesame oil, sesame seeds, and maybe soy sauce. Maybe I will work on a version of this when I get home!

Even though we were stuffed, we decided to share some desserts: key lime pie and cheesecake with caramel and macadamia nuts.

Are you drooling? You should be. It was so decadent!
By the time we finished dinner, this was our view:
Amazing, right?
If you are visiting San Antonio, this is a spot at I would highly recommend! It's not a place to eat quickly and run (but with that view, why would you?!), but the food and service were amazing. We had a person in our party with a specific dietary request, and the manager went out of her way to make sure the request was accommodated.
Thank you, Chart House, for a wonderful dinner!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Your trip looks like it's been awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!