Monday, March 7, 2011

It’s Mardi Gras Monday!!!

Happy Monday, friends!!!  It was a little rough getting up this morning.  I got plenty of rest this weekend… and I went to bed on time… but it was just tough getting up.  But once I was at school, I was doing great.  There was lots to do!

I had some prep for some lessons I plan to do…

100_6227 100_6228

 

 100_6229 100_6230

By the way… if you’ve ever wondered where I spend my days… here is the home of the Former Couch Potato during the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

Big conference area for teacher meetings…

100_6231

100_6232

Small Group Lesson Area

100_6233

Reading “Nook”

100_6234

After work, I did something I have not done much lately… I COOKED DINNER!!!  I have been doing a terrible job cooking meals and being prepared.  But today, I tried a little experiment.

100_7108

Some of you may remember the Pork Chop Casserole that I have made.  I make this one-dish meal all the time.  However, I decided to play with that recipe and see if I could add a twist to the original.

It turned out great!  Very easy, and lots of flavor!  And VERY little prep!  If you ever buy those bags of frozen chicken breasts, this meal is a snap!

100_7109

Ingredients:

  • 1 can condensed golden  mushroom soup
  • 1 can condensed chicken broth
  • 1 1/2 cups of Uncle Ben’s Converted White Rice
  • 4 frozen chicken breasts
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine
  • parsley—fresh or dried

Preparation:

Spread dry rice in bottom of a 13 by 9 inch casserole dish.  Place chicken breasts on top of rice.  Pour chicken broth over chicken and rice.  Then pour Golden Mushroom soup over chicken and rice.  Pour wine+water over chicken and rice.  Sprinkle parsley over everything.  (I didn’t have fresh, so I used dried.  Fresh would definitely be better.) Bake covered at 375 for 45 minutes.  Then uncover and cook for an additional 10 minutes. 

100_7110

Easy, easy, easy!!!

Dinner was ready just about the time I had to leave for Zumba.  I don’t like to eat dinner before Zumba, so hubby and Sadie saved some for me. 

Tonight was a special night at Zumba… it was a 90-minute Mardi-Gras themed class! 

100_7111

There were lots of beads and bright colors!  You may remember my mask from my weekend post!  I got to wear it tonight!  Even though it wasn’t “technically” a Mardi Gras mask… it was the closest thing I could find!

What a great way to start a Monday!  I’ve got a feeling this will be a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. It's fun seeing your pictures of your "other life" (outside of home and Zumba)...the place where you spend the majority of your waking hours during Monday thru Friday. Hope your week is still going great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!