Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New Kicks! Yeah!!!

Today, I returned home from teaching co-teaching a really fun Zumba class to a surprise… new shoes!  I was so excited!  I actually ordered these about 4 weeks ago from Nike ID.  You can design your own shoes!  Several years back I did this and designed the best running shoes ever!  I really wanted a good pair of shoes that I could do Zumba classes in but also run or just wear wherever. 

100_7178

Take a look at my new kicks!  They are the Nike Free shoe for women. 

100_7179

100_7180

100_7181

I think they turned out super-cute.  I wanted pink because I love pink, but I decided on blue with pink accents. 

100_7183

I chose to put “Outgrow” on the left shoe and “Yourself” on the right shoe.  Those of you who know me well know that one of my favorite quotes is “Risk everything.  Outgrow yourself.”  The quote is by Ralph Fletcher, who writes professional books for teachers, but I think this quote applies to everything in life.  I couldn’t fit the whole quote, but I thought “Outgrow yourself” captured the essence of the quote!”

When I got home, I decided to use my leftover chili as a baked potato topping.  I micro-baked a potato, added chili, cheese, and sour cream!  An easy, filling meal!

100_7184

100_7185

Wow!  I just finished my post for the day and it’s not ten p.m. yet!  Whoa!  Go me!

4 comments:

  1. Lizard- love the new kicks... that was worth the wait. Hope they do some good in Zumba.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Liz. I just got some shoes, too, for the sole (get it...) purpose of motivating me! They're too ridiculously bright to ignore! I love that you got the quote printed on the back. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shoes. They look like they would automatically move your feet for you...Get in and take a ride shoes. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE your shoes!! I'm partial to Nike Frees, myself...I have 5 pairs. :) However, I've never designed my own! Next time...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!