Monday, February 11, 2013

Local Dish: Fort Mill, SC

Yesterday I wrote about the kiddo and her 5th birthday! Today... I want to tell you about my special birthday dinner...which turned out a little bit differently than I thought it would!

But let's start at the beginning...

First of all, I got to work and found a fabulous bag of surprises left in my chair by my wonderful coworker, Barbara!

How well does she know me?! K-Cups, Cherry Pie Lara Bars, Justin's Almond Butter, and Kombucha (in the fridge)! Best birthday bag ever! Thank you, Barb!

After work, the hubby, Sadie, and I headed out for my birthday dinner. We picked out a newer local spot to try, Local Dish. This restaurant actually opened about 6 months ago, and I have been wanting to try it after hearing rave reviews.

Local Dish is located on Main Street in Fort Mill, SC. The inside is so colorful and cheerful. I especially loved all the pictures of local farms on the walls- from places like Springs and Bush n Vine. Local Dish serves lots of local ingredients (hence the name)!

We decided to start with scallops.

These were... So. Good. Like melt in your mouth good. There were so many choices on the appetizer menu that I wanted to try, like the pork belly and the deviled eggs. I will have to go back to try those. ;)

For dinner, I chose meatloaf, collards, and a mushroom risotto.

Again... I was torn between several options, but I LOVED my dinner! The meatloaf was huge and there was actually enough for lunch the next day. The collards were delicious (and I am very picky about collards) and so was the risotto.

I couldn't resist dessert, since it was my birthday and all... So we got the Krispy Kreme Doughnut Bread Pudding.

This was another hit! I would take this over any birthday cake! It wasn't soggy at all- and it was kind of like eating a warm cinnamon bun! Highly recommend!

If you are in the area, you should definitely take a trip over to Local Dish for lunch or dinner. I cannot wait to go back. We need more places like this in our area!

Now... You may remember yesterday that I mentioned that my birthday ended up with a police chase. Yep, we like to keep it exciting here in the Confessions House. Well, as it turns out, as we ate dinner, a furniture truck (of a well known company!) hit our car and ran! Luckily, there were good Samaritans who saw the collision, chased down the truck and helped us to locate the drivers. Everyone ended up at the police station and thankfully, I believe the company will pay for the repairs (fingers crossed)!

How about that for an interesting birthday??? Reminds me of the time our car was stolen and the hubby chased down the thieves. But that's a story for another day. ;)

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I love their meatloaf and collards! Good choice! Let us know what happens with the car!=)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!