Monday, February 18, 2013

Cheers to the Weekend!

Happy Monday! Are any of you out the celebrating President's Day? I am celebrating by eating breakfast n my couch at 8:30 a.m. (As opposed to at work.) Yay for holidays and Mondays off! We ended up having quite the busy weekend, so a Monday off was just what we needed!

On Saturday morning, we headed down to Columbia to see my family for the weekend. We started off with Lunch at Thirsty Fellow, a local pizza restaurant and taphouse.

We split a couple of appetizers: Gorgonzola Potato Chips and calamari (not pictured but delicious!) Adrienne, Sadie, and I decided to split a pizza and I also got a wedge salad.

Pizza toppings: pepperoni, mushroom, and basil
 

Lunch was delish! Loved the pizza and everything else!

Since it was cold and rainy outside, we decided to spend the afternoon at EdVenture, a Children's museum in Columbia. Sadie had a blast and did not want to leave. At first, she was terrified of Ed, but after we carried her in kicking and screaming ENCOURAGED her to go in, she loved climbing and sliding all through his body. (Inside there are slides and ladders so that you can see all of Ed's insides.)

I think we will definitely go back because Sadie loved all of the fun play areas!

We had lots of fun with family Saturday night and had "Taco Night" that I did not take pictures of at all. Oops!

Saturday morning, we headed home quickly because we had gotten word that Rock Hill had received about 3 inches of snow! I can't believe that the end day we got snow in 2 years was the one day we were out of town. But luckily we made it home in time to play with the last little bit of snow.

 

Today we have plans to see friends, visit a new local restaurant, and cook dinner at home. Hope you all are having a great day!

 

2 comments:

  1. It was fun having everyone together in Columbia this weekend, miss everyone already!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!