Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy Birthday to Confessions Hubby!

This post is going to be a quick one. Today is the Confessions Hubby's Birthday! Happy birthday, honey! We enjoyed a family dinner and then presents and cake. Well...no cake for me, since I am doing a Whole 30.

Actually, it wasn't as hard as I thought. I think that I am just about through the sugar withdrawal here on Day 5. And yes, it was withdrawal. I think that is one of the hardest parts of the Whole 30, in the first 2 weeks. You honestly don't realize how much sugar is in the foods you eat. Just for a fun (or not?) experiment, watch your labels for an entire day and see how much sugar you consume. It is hidden in weird places. During a Whole 30, you cut out all types of added sugar: brown, white, raw, agave nectar, Splenda, stevia, etc.

So, since I didn't eat cake, I played around in the kitchen and came up with this little dish.

It's so simple, it isn't really a recipe. Sliced organic bananas, coconut milk (full fat from the can) drizzled on top, toasted hazelnut pieces over the top and some cinnamon to finish it off. YUM!

Well, friends, I am going to say good night! I am off to run a 5K in the morning!


Wish me luck!

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!