Friday, July 6, 2012

Fourth of July

Can you believe it is July already?  I really am in shock about it.  This summer is flying by!  I’m excited to say that I have two new recipes to share with you soon.  I think one will be ready to post tomorrow! 

But for now, I thought I would share our Fourth of July activities.  We decided to spend the say with my sisters and brothers-in-law, as well as a few friends, in Columbia.  One advantage to writing a blog is that you can do look-backs and compare year-to-year activities.  Click here to see what we did last year!  (And as I was linking to last year’s post, I noticed that I posted it on July 6.  Two days late!  Same a this year!  Weird!)

I decided to make fruit skewers and chicken wings this year. I was going for a red and blue color scheme with my fruit, so I used blueberries, strawberries, and pineapple.  This pineapple was from the farmer’s market near our house and it was amazingly sweet!

IMG_3969

Take a look at these cute and festive Rice Krispie treats made by my sister’s friend Ashley!

IMG_3972

The buffalo chicken dip was so good that it didn’t make it into any pictures!  Ha! 

IMG_3973

Veggies

IMG_3974

And my wings!  I’ve got to say… I keep trying new wing recipes, but my favorite is always plain old Frank’s Cayenne Pepper Sauce!

IMG_3979

IMG_3982

Of course, what’s a holiday without sparklers? 

IMG_3991

IMG_3992

IMG_3996

Happy Fourth of July!

1 comment:

  1. The picture of the (no) Buffalo chicken dip made me laugh. Glad you had a great fourth of July.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!