Friday, July 13, 2012

Beach Eats and Mini Golf

We’re getting ready to enjoy our last day at the beach, before heading home.  (Sad face.)  It’s been such a nice, relaxing week.  It will be hard to return to the real world tomorrow. 

One of the best (and worst) parts of a beach trip is the eating.  (I say “worst” because it’s going to be hard to go back to normal!)  Our family used to eat out a lot at the beach.  However, in recent years, we have begun cooking a lot more.  You already saw that on the Confessions Family’s night, we made D@mn Fine Chicken and Asparagus.  But we’ve had lots of great meals!  Here is a sampling.  (And I may be blogging a little more about a few of these.)

Lots of lettuce wraps

IMG_4029

homemade pizza and a summer salad made by Adrienne (I plan on blogging about this soon!)

IMG_4037
Sweet Potato, Onion, and Pepper Frittata (made by me—also plan to feature this soon)

IMG_4046

Dinner out at Gulfstream: Oysters Rockefeller

IMG_4076

and Grouper Francaise

IMG_4079

Creek Rolls made by The Crabcake Lady (I think I want to work on a version of these!)

IMG_4128

Low Country Boil

IMG_4134

As you can see… we have not gone hungry.  We’ve had delicious food every single night.  (Not pictured: Build Your Own Salad Night)  The best part, though, has been sitting down at the table every night and having lots of conversation and laughs. 

IMG_4131

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got one last beach day to enjoy.

Reader Question: What do you eat on vacation?  Do you mostly eat out or cook at home?  What’s your favorite vacation meal?

2 comments:

  1. We camp at the beach so we do alot of grilling out and opt for going out to eat only 3 or 4 times in a weeks vacation. Then we slurg on the fatning stuff! Like Hamburger Joes. However, we walk for miles down the beach each morning to work it off. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time we didn't go to Joes. But we definitely ate well! We did some long bike rides to help work it off!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!