Monday, September 24, 2012

Change of Seasons and Spicy Slawsa

I can’t believe how quickly fall came to South Carolina.  A few weeks ago, we were enjoying the pool and sun.  And now, we’re pulling on sweaters in the morning, leaving the windows open at night, and picking apples and pumpkins.  The weather has been absolutely amazing around here.  I hope that wherever you are, it is beautiful, too!

On Saturday morning, I went out for a quick bike ride and ended up riding more than 5 miles.  It just felt so great outside.

Photo Sep 21, 6 03 25 PM

And on Sunday, Sadie and I enjoyed a walk at a local park…

Photo Sep 23, 3 40 40 PM

Photo Sep 23, 3 19 41 PM

followed by frozen yogurt. 

Photo Sep 23, 4 10 26 PM

I also was able to go to the Southern Women’s Show this weekend.  The SWS is a great shopping opportunity in Charlotte.  Lots of local and national vendors set up booths.  I can’t believe I didn’t take my camera with me.  But I ran into a friend there… my friend Julie from college!  Julie is the owner of a little product called Slawsa, which I have written about before here.  Julie has been busy making deals with many of the grocery store chains around the country.  She was at the SWS giving samples of Slawsa and telling people where to get it. 

IMG_4325 

I decided to try out the new Spicy Slawsa!  I liked it so much I brought home a jar. 

IMG_4328

This inspired us to make burgers.  I ate mine sans bun, since I try to stay with a Mostly-Paleo diet, and topped mine with Slawsa and Tomatoes.  Yum! 

IMG_4331

If you still haven’t tried Slawsa, you must!  It’s great on hot dogs and burgers!  Slawsa is sold at Ingles, Publix, and may soon be available4 at some other stores!  You can click here to find out more about Slawsa and to order some.

Alright, friends… apples are baking in my oven and they smell heavenly.  I’m going to have to say goodnight now. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!