Sunday, May 27, 2012

Zumba Road Trip

About a week ago, I promised you a look at a full day of Whole30 Eats.  And I have to apologize, because I haven’t delivered yet!  :(  I promise, it is coming.  Last week just got a little crazy for me.  I had several days where I woke up at 5:10 a.m. and didn’t get home until after 9 p.m. and blogging just didn’t happen.

And then… I took a little road trip over the weekend!  I didn’t even take a computer because I knew we’d be pretty busy.  Where did I go?

Richmond Trip 001

Richmond, Virginia!

I hit the road on Friday afternoon with three other fellow Zumba instructors.  I know what you are thinking… a road trip just for a Zumba class?  But this wasn’t just ANY Zumba class… it was a class with Tanya Beardsley and Gina Grant.  If you are not into Zumba, those names may not mean much to you.  But in the Zumba world, they are really famous.  Let me see if I can explain this through an analogy.

Paula Deen:Southern Cuisine::Tanya Beardsley:Zumba Instructors

Gina Grant:Zumba::Jane Fonda:80s Exercise

Does that help at all?

When I first received my Zumba Instructor License, one of the first DVDs I got was of Tanya Beardsley.  I loved her style and her way of teaching right away.  So I jumped at the pooprtunity to see her and dance with her LIVE!

Richmond Trip 004

The class was so much fun and full of great energy.  It was 90 minutes long, but it went by really quickly.  Gina and Tanya were such a great pair.  It’s really amazing to attend a Zumba class with over 300 people (maybe over 400!?) but not feel lost in the crowd.  I think that is a sign of a really fantastic instructor!

Richmond Trip 009

Richmond Trip 011

Afterwards, we were so excited to meet Gina and Tanya and have our picture taken with them. 

Richmond Trip 017

The rest of the road trip was filled with laughs, good food, and storytelling. 

Richmond Trip 018

Richmond Trip 019  

What a great dance-cation!

Whole30 Quick Update: As I type this, I am ending day 29!  I am so excited!  It was definitely a challenge to go on a road trip and stick to the Whole30 plan.  I made the best choices I could for two days and really didn’t stray too far off the path.  Success!  I’m planning to do a post on my experiences eating out on Whole30 after I do my daily eats post.  Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!