Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Daytripping: Riverbanks Zoo

One of the great things about staying home during spring break is the fact that you can take quick day-trips to fun places.  You already know we made our first visit to Carowinds on Sunday.  On Monday we took another little day trip to Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC!

As often as we go to Columbia, we have never taken Sadie to the Zoo.  We have visited the Greenville a lot, so she has been to a zoo… but not one as big as the Riverbanks Zoo!  We stopped and picked up my sister Adrienne on the way because she is on spring break, too!  We were so excited that she could go with us! 

I hope you enjoy this little photo journey of our day at Riverbanks Zoo!

IMG_2877

IMG_2883

IMG_2886

IMG_2889

IMG_2891

IMG_2894

IMG_2902

IMG_2903

IMG_2907

IMG_2914

IMG_2915

IMG_2918

IMG_2927

IMG_2930

IMG_2938

IMG_2944

 

IMG_2962

IMG_2970

IMG_2977

IMG_2979

IMG_2981

IMG_2982

IMG_2983

And finally… a delish sandwich at Which Wich?.  Turkey with lettuce, tomato, pickles, black olives, and avocado!  Win!IMG_2984

Coming soon… a new Dixie-Style Dining Recipe!  I can’t wait to share this one with you.  Want a preview?  “Like” my fan page on Facebook or follow me on Twitter!  I’ve posted a preview picture… it is drool-worthy.

6 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. Not counting the cute little girl ;) I like the sea horse best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip to the zoo it was!  I loved seeing all of the animals (minus the reptile house) :)  Thanks for taking me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you could go!!! We had such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing the little seahorses, too! My favorite pic of the day was of that pretty sea anemone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun day trip!  Wish I didn't have to work and could've joined you all!  Hope Sadie enjoyed Riverbanks Zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She loved it! Her favorite part was the aquariums! Wish you couldve come too but we will go again!
    Sent From my iPhone

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!